Got Unused Equipment Taking Up Space?

She might want the lid because of the students, and fish maybe jumping out. I’ll tag her once she gets confirmation from the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, have either you or your teacher considered coming to the ARC Expo on Saturday? It’s a great event, a lot of fun and this year, they have Dana Riddle (rock star in the reefing world) giving a lecture on lighting, PAR and coral growth.

BTW, have either you or your teacher considered coming to the ARC Expo on Saturday? It’s a great event, a lot of fun and this year, they have Dana Riddle (rock star in the reefing world) giving a lecture on lighting, PAR and coral growth.

I’m coming! She said she’s going to try and make it.

It will be a good learning experience for her + her students if they can make it to the expo. What other equipments does the system need now? I think we can get together and make her a stand + canopy if somehow she wants the other tank. Everything will be so much better

Without getting a new tank, I’m pretty sure the only thing left is lights and plumbing things

So today tomorrow and next week are that last days I have to set this up. Also, will a circulation pump work as a return pump?? I’d love some help with plumbing :) and does anyone have an ATO they’d be willing to donate? Or I can pay for for a discount?

I have a jebao dcp 5000 if you still need a return pump, I only have the parts for it to be used as a submerged return. I only have the cover screen for the intake and the barbed fitting for the output. I work in brookhaven daily, let me know if this would be of any use.

Ok. The scientific learning opportunity that gorgeous sump could provide is too valuable to pass up for a couple of canisters.

I still have the 57gal reef ready tank that I was originally going to set up. I have the plumbing that I got with it - bought it last year from someone on the old ARC forum. Water tested it, but never set up the plumbing so can’t say that I have everything it needs.

I’ll donate it.
View attachment 6507
Wow!! That is extremely generous no matter what.
If you are looking to get rid of that Tank, I would love to take it to upgrade my current setup. Just throwing that out there. Donation for another Donation!
Thanks

So today tomorrow and next week are that last days I have to set this up. Also, will a circulation pump work as a return pump?? I’d love some help with plumbing :) and does anyone have an ATO they’d be willing to donate? Or I can pay for for a discount?

I have an auto top off I'll donate.

I have a jebao dcp 5000 if you still need a return pump, I only have the parts for it to be used as a submerged return. I only have the cover screen for the intake and the barbed fitting for the output. I work in brookhaven daily, let me know if this would be of any use.

It would! Pm me

Hey all! Wanted to give an update. I’m going on Wednesday to finish up the build. The teacher did some research, and decided that a refugium would be a better teaching experience than a sump, so I’m going to sort of combine the two. I’ll have the skimmer in one compartment, and some other filtration materials, and on the other side will be a refugium with just the basics. Cheato, maybe some other “green stuff” lol and a light. This way there will be a safe haven for pods and it’d be a good learning experience. I’ll let you all know the parameters when I get in there!

Meant to reply last week, haha. Parameters are all good, nitrates a bit high still but it wasn’t anything a water change didn’t fix. Looks like we’re ready for a few fish! Here’s the stocking ideas:

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns (obviously)
Pygmy cherub Angelfish
1 Bandai cardinal
Small school of fire fish
Goby pistol shrimp pair
Tanaka’s Pygmy wrasse
And a long nose hawkfish

Inverts:
Hermits, snails, feather dusters (later), flaming scallop, and possibly a reef lobster very far down the road

Any suggestions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Back