Had a jumper last night

Had him for about 2 years. Well any known good screen kits or should I just throw some egg crate on top?

I always run screens, but I like $$$ fish, so for me the cost of the screens are just a necessary evil. I am not a fan of egg crate I see some people use, as @civics14 mentioned they just block way too much lighting.

Bird netting is not that expensive. It is not as tight as window screen but it should work I would think. You could build a frame to fit the tank and staple the netting around it stretching it tight. Then put a thin piece of trim or something over the staples.

Im like sean @hiimsean clearview lids. It is pricy mine was $150 and i have a waterbox 5526. It takes 3 weeks to get from clearview. But you can go to homedepot get pond screen temporarily till u buy or build

I did the same as @civics14. I bought the frame, corners, spline and spline tool at Home depot and purchased the 1/4" clear screen from BRS. Make sure you have a flat surface to work on and try not to pull too tight.

You can make one out of the stuff you make window screens out of. If you need some help making it I have access to a band saw and I have a screen roller tool. Your more then welcome to come over one day and we can build it

You can buy the clear half inch screen on Amazon for cheap. Then just go to Home Depot and get the frame color you want and everything you need. Being an 8 ft tank, you're going to want to have multiples

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

I appreciate it guys. I dont typically have jumpers. I think in the 10 years I’ve been reefing I have had like 5 including this one. Although I have typically had a canopy and this build I don’t have that. Just a fishroom built around the tank.

No such thing as dont have jumpers. All fish jump. Especially when u have a bully in tank and start chasing a tank mates. It can jump.

Ignore the rats nest of cables, this picture was taken when I was setting up the new light rack.

This is my DIY lid on my bowfront. I have a snowflake eel so a tight fitting lid is necessary. 2 Acrylic panels(cut on my bandsaw) for the bowed front and two diy screens.
20221025_214619.jpg

Back