Has LED finally arrived?

Still probably going to try these out on my 20high
225-Blue-WHITE-LED-Aquarium-Plant-Grow-Light-Panel_W0QQitemZ390132499783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0

Pretty much. From what I've been reading to get any decent par down to the bottom of a 24" high tank, you really need 3 watt bulbs. And the problem there is that they're like $7 per or so. And that will add up to some big $$$ to get proper coverage.

Thanks guys, now I am seriously thinking about buying the aquaillumination model!

I went from wanting LED actinic supplementation to wanting full LED

Yeah I have been thinking about building one for a while, but it is a lot of work. I may buy one soon.

mapleredta;439107 wrote: You can't hide money.

Sometimes I hate this hobby! It's too perfect for me so its a complete money pit. I cannot stop:sad:

anomaly;439075 wrote: I hope to finish my LED setup within the next 2 months. It's a money thing at this point. I need anohter 60 LEDs or so. Heatsinks and drivers have already been purchased.

I've got 12 already on order to do a basic test. Going to build a basic dimmer too to test the dimming functions.
There better be pics coming!!!

:wine:

For the FO thing, I used a 4 tube under car kit to light my 55 FW tank (my roommate got it on clearance at work for $20, regular price was like $200). It had 2 48" and 2 36" tubes that I staggered and had decent lighting for a FW non-planted tank, and could change like 7 colors and be dimmed for moonlighting. The only drawback was the control was manual, so it wouldn't ramp up and down.

Acroholic;439410 wrote: My AquaIllumination lights will be here next week.
Dave

Keep us posted. I am about two seconds from buying some too!

Back