HC GFO vs Reg GFO

jdw

Reaction score
I was searching the forum/website and I found numerous mentions of changing GFO every 7-10 days. If I stick with that changeout plan, is High Capacity GFO worth the investment or should I just stick with regular GFO?

JDW;953343 wrote: Well that solves my question :)

that's what Randy told me one time(rjrgroup) he use to work with this stuff and would know more than anybody else

BRS: "High Capacity GFO is the best performing GFO we stock and capable of removing close to twice the phosphate as standard GFO by volume. We recommend this when you have a large tank or limited room in your media reactor."

I change mine every 3 weeks or monthly.

thanhreef;953357 wrote: BRS: "High Capacity GFO is the best performing GFO we stock and capable of removing close to twice the phosphate as standard GFO by volume. We recommend this when you have a large tank or limited room in your media reactor."

I change mine every 3 weeks or monthly.

maybe I misunderstood him..... I'm trying to get ahold of him now and ask.

This is one place where it mentions the shorter lifespan.

showthread.php

well I just heard back from Randy and he says it's all the same..... personally I trust and believe him.

Here you go JDW.... E33HC bayoxide....a.k.a. gfo plus. do some research.
Severn Trent , the largest manufacturer of the stuff..... discontinued it.
(and thanks for the info Randy)

Good looking out heath. It's not the same but it does have roughly the same adsorption(binding) capacity. I have read reports that say otherwise but I also had the gentlemen that make the media tell me why they were discontinuing it's production. Believe whatever...lol

Back