Hello! Looking for advice and to make new friends!

apixel

Reaction score
I’ve been searching around and have seen that it is 100% worth it to become a supporting member which I will be doing over the next few weeks as I move into a new apartment by perimeter mall.

I currently have a tank that is 30x18x25 that was saltwater only but am looking to get some advice on starting a reef tank. I was gifted an AI Hydra 32HD for my birthday and would like to start using it. I don’t think 1 light is enough and would prefer to sell/trade and downgrade on the size. I would love some advice on that.

I was also hoping to find out what size tank is good for the light I have, as I rather downgrade the tank than buy another light right now.

Thanks again,

Iamad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may find the larger tank size beneficial, even if you only start by lightning half of it. We did that with our 120 gallon (AI Hydra 26). Started with enough rock and light for 1 side, then added more as time and budget permitted. A larger tank is more forgiving when it comes to water parameters. You usually have more time to correct issues when they happen and things tend to drift out of range slower the bigger the tank.

You’ve come to the right place, welcome to the ARC!

The light you have is good for about 24x24 inch area & up to about 25 inches deep, if your corals aren’t too demanding.

I would agree with the statement above as well.

I would start here to see what your current light is capable of and how to get the most out of it:

Back