Help clownfish bloated!

The only real difference I see is that in the "now" pictures their color seems a bit washed out. In the earlier pictures their orange is more pronounced but that could be due to anything from camera issues to what the fish are eating.

What do you feed, how much and how often?

I still don't see anything wrong - but might as well do some detective work.

Jenn

They look alot more bloated in person. I just can't get a pic to show it. The camera settings arn't set for reef tanks, the clownfish are brighter orange than the "now pics". I've been feeding flakes with cyclopleeze twice a week and brine shrimp every so often as a treat.

Any changes in their poop? It's not always easy to see them poop but if they have white/stringy/trailing poop that can be an indicator of a problem.

BTW - if the pair is spawning, it's not unusual for the female to get all big and "bloated" just before they spawn. Could she be gravid?

They used to spawn in the tank they were in but that was a 240g tank and when I moved them into my 30g they stopped spawning. The male is bloated too so I don't think she's gravid.

this is a very sudden change over just 3 days though. They havn't gotten bigger since yesterday.

Is it possible that you only just noticed it but it's been happening for a while?

No it's not becuase I've been watching the clownfish carefully after the tang died in the 30g becuase I knew that they might get a parisite from the tang.

Back