Help! eggs and injury

With the eggs so close to hatching, why don't you push the WC to next week......

yeh, i will...
but im embarrassed to post the numbers...i cant believe they would survive a tank move at this point!
mind as well wait.
Anyone have an opinion on why they "deposited" so high in the tank? i think my lights are too high compared to where they used to be (250 MH's about 1 1/2 foot above the tank w glass covers on top of tank)

That does seem alil high, I had my 250watt MH as close to the surface as I could get it in my 65g breeder tank.

Light shouldn;t have much to do with it though, they usually lay them in a cave......

Inexperience maybe cause them to deposit the eggs there

Attempting to raise these without some preparation will most likely lead to frustration. You need to have greenwater ready, either bought or prepared, you need to start a rotifer culture, you need a larva trap or at least be prepared to syphon the larva out as they are hatching, and a small tank to hold them in.

I would also suggest that you let this hatch go, get a book on raising clownfish, do your homework and prepare for the next ones. Once clownfish start laying eggs they are pretty regular at it. Mine now lay eggs about every ten days so three days after hatching they already lay new ones.

Water changes would have a greater impact on larva than they would eggs, so if your water needs changed do it sooner rather than later.

agreed, which is why i posted this message in the first place :)
but obviously, i may be a little to late for this batch.
Ill get back with more pics and research questions.
thanks!

Sounds like you have about two to three weeks before your next batch of eggs hatch. That should give you sometime to bone up!

Back