Help I.D.

crowe

Market
Reaction score
Okay first I tried to take pics but my pos dig camera is horrible. I got some new live rock today and there are a couple of things on them and I wanted to see if you guys knew what they were.

1st It is pink covers like algae, kind of has a texture like poison ivy.Lots of little bubbles.

2cnd small craters about the size of a dime, has little tentacles come out (clear in color, looks like an anemone. Not a tube worm.) when startled they go back in. I am assuming it is a coral of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated, again sorry no pics. They are really interesting looking and just wondered if anybody knew what they were.:eek:

1st one sounds like a sponge and second one if it flies back in when it is startled would more than likely be a tube worm.

Maybe, it just doesnt look like a tube worm. Wish I had a better camera. Thanks for your input though!

Kevin 2nd one sounds like cup coral...I have a ton of those on my live rock that i got from Chris.

It is a type of cup coral, I have some that have turned pinkish:D
The rest is types of macros and sponges, great for nitrate conversion.

Hopefully you have more of this rock when I get pd again LOL. It is hands down the best rock I purchased! Thanks again Chris! :)

No worries I have another 200# coming this week. LOL but this time the diver says he was able to hand select some amazing pieces. One of my rocks that I recieved a couple of months ago had a small acro start growing on it and I did find a small fire coral as well. Hmmm.

ok...Chris I am so ready to set up the new tank...so I can put some of that rock in it :) :)

It will be about 3 weeks till my next purchase. Hopefully some nice stuff will be left!

You guys can select your rock and place it in the 300 or another stock tank untill you are ready for it.

Noti, when we set up the new tank we could throw a few uncured pieces into the tank for cycle.

Kevin, do the corals look like this?
balanophyllia.jpg
>
balanophyllias.jpg
alt="" /></a>
or
imgres
alt="" /></a>

Thanks that is a great idea on storing it for us! Tremendous customer service!

The Balanophylia coral is non photosynthetic so they will need target feeding a couple of times per week to achieve the color and health they deserve.

Good stuff at Chris'.

Def. coming for more once the new tank is ready.

Back