help Moving Reef Tank

jfoxx81

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company near macon ga that I could use to breakdown a tank move it and set it back up again.

jrhunter0000;968979 wrote: im in warner robins id be willing to help you. just need many 5 gallon buckets

lol thanks buddy but I'm trying to not have to do it my apartment complex caused the problem and will be paying for it one way or another.

jrhunter0000;968983 wrote: i dont think there is anyone local. if you need the hand just let me know. hope all is well with it.

yea pretty sure no one is in macon but i think there is in or near atlanta area...and tank is fine is was some flooding from the sump and now my carpet under the tank is wet.

OceanDeep85;968999 wrote: ..I'm interested in hearing more about how the Apt caused the problem... :)

well kinda long story....we had a stove that was going bad..we called the office to notify them and also told them about a mold problem we had around windows in the apt. They told us that they a new stove had to be ordered. That was fine and we told them that we wanted to be present for the installation and to show someone where the mold problems where. Yesterday when i got home i had no power and i see a shiny black stove in the kitchen...but i thought maybe its the storm...but i checked outside and other apts had power...i then called the fiance and made sure bill was paid and it was. Keep in mind I'm pissed about the tank at this point..had no idea how long power was out we where gone for 8 hours..after calling office and after hours help arrive...first thing he ask me is what do we have plugged in ;) I'm like nothing out the ordinary just that new stove over there. He was like it can't be that its brand new. Well come to find out the outside breaker had popped and it did so cause the guy who installed the stove used the plug from the old stove which wasn't compatible. Boom you ****ed up...lol and on top of that the guy who installed the stove told his superiors that he never plugged the stove in because the power was out...he thought it was from the storm :boo:

all could have been prevented if me or my fiancé was present like we asked when this was going on...manager came out this morning and looked at everything and agreed that we had done our part and is asking for a few days to come up with a solution to the problem.

Wow. That's a freakin' bummer, man. Sorry to hear that. I could go on for days about the dipsh*t who delivered our washer and dryer.. or the other dipsh*ts that installed the new sprinkler system.

There was drywall dust and crumbles in places I didn't know was possible.

All the more reason to save for a home... at least then I'll be able to control when, where and how the work gets done.

Would love to know how things work out.

OceanDeep85;969017 wrote: Removed due to user bypassing language filter

yea theres more discrepancies as well just didn't feel like dragging it on but i will update you with however they intend on making us happy....they gonna have to come out the pocket here to keep me from getting a lawyer involved.:wiggle::wiggle:

yeah. Would love to hear about it.

...I'm in law school.. so.. I mean... haha J/K

Did you lose any livestock?

OceanDeep85;969021 wrote: yeah. Would love to hear about it.

...I'm in law school.. so.. I mean... haha J/K

Did you lose any livestock?

lol any suggestions on my next move

Butch;969023 wrote: Hate to hear that Jeff. Hopefully you didn't lose anything.

nah i didn't that I've noticed yet anyway more or less just want the tank moved to prevent the mildew and molding thats gonna follow

jfoxx81;969012 wrote: well kinda long story....we had a stove that was going bad..we called the office to notify them and also told them about a mold problem we had around windows in the apt. They told us that they a new stove had to be ordered. That was fine and we told them that we wanted to be present for the installation and to show someone where the mold problems where. Yesterday when i got home i had no power and i see a shiny black stove in the kitchen...but i thought maybe its the storm...but i checked outside and other apts had power...i then called the fiance and made sure bill was paid and it was. Keep in mind I'm pissed about the tank at this point..had no idea how long power was out we where gone for 8 hours..after calling office and after hours help arrive...first thing he ask me is what do we have plugged in ;) I'm like nothing out the ordinary just that new stove over there. He was like it can't be that its brand new. Well come to find out the outside breaker had popped and it did so cause the guy who installed the stove used the plug from the old stove which wasn't compatible. Boom you ****ed up...lol and on top of that the guy who installed the stove told his superiors that he never plugged the stove in because the power was out...he thought it was from the storm :boo:

that blows id be beyond pissed off.

I am sure that Blue Planet would do it. They are the closest that have an install and maintenance crew. I know they have done several jobs in Macon. Hit up Brian or Brant..

Or hell, I will do it and come up with one hell of a bill for the complex.... Nickg's Ocean Installs.... Kinda has a nice ring to it....

nickg;969154 wrote: I am sure that Blue Planet would do it. They are the closest that have an install and maintenance crew. I know they have done several jobs in Macon. Hit up Brian or Brant..

Or hell, I will do it and come up with one hell of a bill for the complex.... Nickg's Ocean Installs.... Kinda has a nice ring to it....

haha sound great lol

follow up...the complex has agreed to pay to have the tank moved...i think i left this out last time but they got paint on most of my living room furniture also while trying to paint the ceiling, the are coming out next week to try and clean/remove the paint from the furniture....i don't think thats gonna end well...and as far as the mold they have a (Vendor) coming out to check on it as well and have all my ducts cleaned..

I have a carpet cleaner if you need any carpets cleaned. :) I comes in really handy when dealing with tank spillage

Back