Help! Possible tank crash!?!

glad to hear everything is ok....i was starting to think o funny jokes to tell you to make you feel better.

curiosity question: is this where ORP measurements come into play?

I'm still gonna do another 20% WC tomorrow morning--Saltwater Junky 's sapposed to come by and help me a little bit--everything should be in check-I just need to set that sump up so it can help oxygenate the water.

yeah-I've been pretty lazy with it here lately-I've had plenty of tme, but not doing it.

**it happens! At least you have incentive now!
Just a thought, I find the more work I do (maintainance) up front & the more I am "on top" of everything, the less TIME have have to devote to my tank. It took a while to get there, but it is now worth it.

yeah-other than the corralline growing on my glass, my tank looks great--I'm gonna scrape it off maybe today.

Always keep one of your powerheads pointed toward the surface of the water to break the surface and circulate new air into the tank. I have always done this and have never had O2 problems. If the surface isn't broken just a little than once the O2 is used in the tank by the coral and fish, the livestock is breathing depleted O2 without any replenishment.

yeah-I'm gonna do another good size WC today or tomorrow-just to be safe; yeah-I got out pretty fortunately with only losing the cleaner shrimp-there is a lesson to be learned here.

Back