Help us schedule. What's the best day for meetings?

What days work best for you to attend a club meeting?

• Sunday

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Monday

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

Votes: 51 69.9%

• Total voters

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
We're looking at scheduling upcoming club meetings and we're looking for some feedback from you guys on this. I know a lot of us work non-traditional schedules and weekends are usually packed... so what's generally the best day for us to hold meetings on? I know this is one thing we can't make everyone happy with but we will try to accommodate the majority and we'll try to change things up as well as we proceed through the year. There have been some requests to have the meetings on Sunday evenings with football winding down and I like that since some of our sponsors could join us more readily.

Thanks

I think the time of date is also important in regards to this. WIth kids, usually they have their activities and stuff in the middle of the weekends, so middle of the day is tougher than evenings (in most cases).

Time of day is also equally important for those of us that chose not to have children. We have our plans too

No matter what some of us are not going to like the time or day. Tho I do have to say one thing WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE VOTING FOR WEEK NIGHTS?????????:p

Depending on location, with traffic in Atlanta, a week night might not be feasible for many. Personally, unless it is on the way from work going from Alpharetta to Buford, then I couldn't do a week night. Currently, Saturday and Sunday are tied. My vote is to alternate between the two with maybe a restaurant gathering / fish store meetup occasionally on a week day in various parts of town.

Ask me to go to Alpharetta or Buford on a week night, and it’s just not happening. I’m pretty sure asking them to come my way midweek is also a no go. Heck, I dont like to go to East Cobb mid week.

That said, I do like the idea of occasional later afternoon / evening events. Even without the complications of kids’ schedules, middle of the day on Saturday Or Sunday, is a “sell” to your non-reef obsessed partner.

I am a high schooler and for that reason I will not ever be able to make week day meetings. So usually I am available on Saturday and Sunday but I seem to always have more time on Sundays.

IMO week night travel around town is a complete PITA and will only get people that are close to the event to show up. I’m lucky to only have 30 minutes (10miles from my office) for my afternoon commute lol. I hate going out during a week night for anything.

If the meeting is near to my place of work or home I could attend weeknight meetings in some cases, but not likely if I have to drive more tham 30 minutes. I think the meeting times could be moved a little earlier on Saturdays so my wife does not say the day is not spent on reefing.

Of course, I would prefer weeknight meetings close to my home, but that would not be likely and may be unfair to others.

IMO week night travel around town is a complete PITA and will only get people that are close to the event to show up. I’m lucky to only have 30 minutes (10miles from my office) for my afternoon commute lol. I hate going out during a week night for anything.

+1000

Also, I believe all the stores close between 5:00-7:00pm. I'm sure they're not going to want to stick around till 9pm. We wouldn't be able to hold a meeting before 7pm on a week night because it would be impossible for all but the closest to the meet point to get there before that.

We will try to make the meetings but its 11/2 to 2 hours for us depending on traffic ( weekdays and nights the traffic is heavier). Maybe the meetings could be mixed up a little throughout the year so that everone could have a chance to attend a few. Due to all the work it takes to get a frag meeting together(tanks, warm saltwater, equiptment) a Saturday may be the best for anyone bringing the coral. The rest of us only have to get there! Holley

My $0.02,

Either weekdays, no later than say from 7 to 8, as my days start early.

Or, either Saturday or Sunday (<- preferably) afternoons.

FWIW- I live in Cherokee Co. and can make it home from the West Paces Ferry area in ~40-45 min.

How about exploring the possibility of recording for playback, or streaming the meetings, via atlantareefclub.org? (for those that are logistically challenged ;)

There is a lot of AV & IT talent in the ARC...

I think we should alternating them between Saturday afternoon & sunday after church. There are a lot of us working on Saturday too. Sometimes Sunday will get more people to join the meeting better since most of us get more free time + we we can sneak out for a couple hours from family and wont feel guilty

While I understand that weekends get packed, advance notice helps there a ton. The major problem with weekdays is the club membership is spread out pretty far - there is no way to drive north of ATL on a weekday and get home with any real expectation of it not taking hours of driving.

Back