help with frag tank setup

that novice guy

Reaction score
hey guys my tank is going to be a stand alone sps frag tank. im wanting to take my current setup and turn it into a frag tank im just contemplating on whether i should do it or not my tank and setup would include this is just a rought equipment setup i would love help

-tank 60 gallon 48"L 24"w 1"h with 3/4 return and 1" overflow may drill to 2" with euro brace style it will be bb with egg crate
livestock
-yellow eye tang
-pair of occelaris
-skunk cleaner
-sps frags
-blackfooted trochus snails

my equipment

rodi
-5 stage deionization 75gpd with dual tds meter
sump
-eshopps r200 with 200 micron sock
refugium
-40 gallon with 40 pounds of live rock and 2 inch deep sand bed with vairous algees
skimmer
-nac 7 bubble magnus
heater
-blue aquatics 300w may get 2
dosing
-bulk reef supply calc/alk/mag dosing kit with two 1.1ml dosers
lighting
-metal halide
bulb- reefbrite twin arc 250w 10/20k for growth then color x2
reflector- lumenbright mini wide pendant x2
ballast-lumatek 250w digital x2
refugium lighting
-24" ecoxotic stunner 8000k x2
return
-iwaki pcx40 1119gph i will run my reactors and fuge off of this sense my overflow can only handle around 600gph and i may drill the hole bigger on my tank overflow
reactor
-brs reactor with Rox0.8
-brs reactor with high capacity gfo
controller
-digital aquatics reef keeper elite
sl1 with temp and ph
x3 pc4
flow
-x2 penductors from return
-x2 koralia 1050
-aqueon 750.
testing
-refractmoniter
-red sea reef foundation
-red sea colors
-hanna phosphate checker
-red sea (po4/po3)
-api ammonia
ato
-jbj auto top off
salt
-reef crystals or red sea coral pro

Sounds great to me.....wish I had that much equipment and goodies...good luck with your SPS frags. I have a few LPS and they are doing great.

Thanks this will be just over time until i really have all of the money to get it and that would be a few couple months but i love planning things out way ahead

I know what you mean....I buy things as I can for future plans on my tank. I have a 30 gal. tub filled with tanks things and my wife does not understand and she calls it my toy box...LOL

Ha ha that's funny i too use to have a 30 gallon tub filled with stuff i would never use today but it was vintage fish stuff

Back