Here we go again

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
Ok Red/Orange Digi brown, Pink Birdsnest Brown, Multiple other Digi's Brown

Green Milli Green, Green Acro's Slight Green Brown, Green Milli Really Green...WTF

System=75 RR 20L Sump 4XT5HO Overdriven with Icecap 660 (2X10k 1Actinic 1Fiji Purple) 2X36" Sunpaq T5HO Actinics Bulbs cooled with 4XFans Lights about 12-15 inches from water now

Skimmer=Octopus 150 Recirculating (Wetish Skim about 1 Gallon every two weeks) Small Media bag of carbon changed every Three Weeks

4Stage ro/di just bought new on august

Flow=Hydor 4 and MP20 (ReefCrest Mode Max)

Swimmies=Blue Side Wrasse, Pencil Wrasse, Lubbocks Wrasse, Pair of Bangi Cardinals, 2 Peppermint shrimp, One cleaner, and Large assortment of Snails and Crabs

Where do I need to look for the source of browning?

You're losing huge amounts of light with those t5's 12-15" above the water. I would move them down to about 3" above the water(slowly).

Sounds like a light issue to me too. Have you changed the light in the last couple months?

Phosphate (undetectible) api
Alk 8 Elos
Cal 480PPM api
78deg
n03 0 api
ph 7.8 lights off about 8.0-8.1 with lights on

i have a little bit left from lasts month over feeding eppisodes...well thats what i beleave...i let my buddie watch the tank i came home after about three days a was missing alot more cubes of roti and phyto than should ahve been in you know what i meen is slowly going away plus i just increased my photo period two more hours when i raised the lights...What is the ideal height t5s should be from the water

I have had bulb issues before i installed fans so yes most bulbs are within 3 months or less...could i replace the 2 10ks with one 6500k and add another atinic...what i really need is a par meter

And i also have my pulsaiting xenia as another test method they are all open and pulsing

ares;341560 wrote: whats the NO4? or is that what you meant?

and phosphates are almost always undetectable, but the question is, do you have algea? a robust cleanup crew and army of tangs eating it does not equal no algea either.
nitrate NO3

no it has been slowly fadding since feb i had the lights about two inches from the water then i thnk they started bleaching so i added an 8inch board to the canopy to raise it up it has slowy lost the white and went brown (which is good) but has just stopped...How long does it typically take for a coral to lose it color...i have had one birds nest since jan (this is the one that i am speaking about, it is about 3 inches from the water surface) i got another one (same type) it is baout 12-13inches from water surface but hasent lost its color but i have only had it 2 maybe 3 weeks

changing out one 10k with another actinic and the other with a 6500k would they help or would i auctually lose par

Ok well i do appreciate it...i will keep messin witht the lighting...let me know if u or anyone else has any input

Barb told me once that three things affect sps colors, light, flow, and nutrients. That may not be helpful to you, but I know I added way more flow to my frag tank than I thought it needed and am starting to see better colors creeping in.

Might want to test your water for phosphates and nitrates with something other than api. I'm sure someone has one of each. I have an ELOS phosphate kit, but only api for trates.

Back