How did I move my tank

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
This is how I had successfully moved my 25g display from my apt to the new house, hope it helps somebody
First of all, unplug everything, you gonna have to give you enough time so the temperature won't vary that much degrees.
2. supposing that you already got your insulated containers and Ziploc bags, place some clean white towels and a large plastic bag inside the insulated container
3 being carefully to not drop electrical components in water start removing lights, external pumps, uv lights, skimmers, heaters and monitors and place them separately on a clean dry box.
4 once you done with equipment star filling Ziploc bags with corals and use the insulated box and towels to keep the warm
5 close very carefully that box and start removing the rest of the water ( in my case I was able to let the sand and some rock on the tank and carry out with it, you may not have that choise).
6 Pack everything on your vehicle and get on the road before your critters feel the temperature variation. VI (remember to have saltwater on demand for filling up the tank again and do a WC during the firsts 3 days or so to avoid minicycles on your tank once ready and tuning on your new place. Good luck. (Please don't drop your cell phone on water, you might have an expired guarantee hehehe)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

joseayes;870158 wrote: This is how I had successfully moved my 25g display from my apt to the new house, hope it helps somebody
First of all, unplug everything, you gonna have to give you enough time so the temperature won't vary that much degrees.
2. supposing that you already got your insulated containers and Ziploc bags, place some clean white towels and a large plastic bag inside the insulated container
3 being carefully to not drop electrical components in water start removing lights, external pumps, uv lights, skimmers, heaters and monitors and place them separately on a clean dry box.
4 once you done with equipment star filling Ziploc bags with corals and use the insulated box and towels to keep the warm
5 close very carefully that box and start removing the rest of the water ( in my case I was able to let the sand and some rock on the tank and carry out with it, you may not have that choise).
6 Pack everything on your vehicle and get on the road before your critters feel the temperature variation. VI (remember to have saltwater on demand for filling up the tank again and do a WC during the firsts 3 days or so to avoid minicycles on your tank once ready and tuning on your new place. Good luck. (Please don't drop your cell phone on water, you might have an expired guarantee hehehe)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7a8eba6e.jpg
alt="" />
zuje6adu.jpg
alt="" />
vanu6y2a.jpg
alt="" />
y3asa6u7.jpg
alt="" />
bu9ane3a.jpg
alt="" />
useresad.jpg