how do you properly spray paint glass?

im liking this tint idea more and more luckily the paint is fairly easy to remove with some tape (apparent vlaspar plastic paint is not as good as krylon lol) and a razor for the tougher spots.

Picoreefguy;932217 wrote: im liking this tint idea more and more luckily the paint is fairly easy to remove with some tape (apparent vlaspar plastic paint is not as good as krylon lol) and a razor for the tougher spots.

You should. :thumbs:

There a whole lot more 'working time' with it. Just cut it about an inch longer and wider than you need. Using vinegar and water in a spray bottle, clean the glass then soak it again with the vinegar water mix. Lay down the tint and slide it in place.

Work out the air bubbles and trim to fit.

The thing I like about the tint is that the coverage is absolutely even. If light does shine through, it's not going to be splotchy like paint would be.
And...if it's not dark enough, you can put another layer on top of the first if you wanted.

And...if needed, it'll peel off very cleanly.

you've talked me into it tony im going to walmart later and get some.

Picoreefguy;932234 wrote: you've talked me into it tony im going to walmart later and get some.

Dude, if you were closer and I had the time, I'd come over and do it for you. Just cause it's that easy and looks like it came from the manufacture.

just got done tinting the tank a little while ago. it turned out really good. the results aren't professional but better than i expected. here's a couple pics (with a sneak peak at the canopy and stand :) ). also spray paint comes off super easy with a good sharp razor blade. it came off in sheets for me.

382AA4D1-E21A-4AC1-ADC4-10F9CA67D149_zps1igm3icd.jpg
alt="" />

F7F49F1A-7999-4E8E-B887-2924A9D91D51_zps1fd9t38b.jpg
alt="" />

45AEC777-634E-4EA3-80C1-B0B0979DE9A0_zpsbpgnw0kj.jpg
alt="" />

Looking good man. :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Man I don't know what kind of paint was used on my 60 cube but it is ON THERE.

I can't get more than a tiny chip off at a time

Tint looks good. Believe it or not it will look darker once setup with lights on inside the tank. Mine looks completely black with no see through. Great job!

BlueSpot;932448 wrote: Believe it or not it will look darker once setup with lights on inside the tank. Mine looks completely black with no see through.

thats what im hoping for. but this walmart tint is not as dark as advertised.they have a little peephole sized piece on the package that you can look through and its twice as dark as the stuff thats actually in the box. its supposed to be 5% but it looks more like 20%. oh well im going to wait till i get the tank lit and if its not dark enough ill just throw on another layer like tony recommended

Edit:
JDavid;932429 wrote: Man I don't know what kind of paint was used on my 60 cube but it is ON THERE.

I can't get more than a tiny chip off at a time

it may have more to do with the amount of time the paint has been on than the paint brand. the first time i painted the tank i waited about a day before i decided to try again and it would just come off by pressing a bit of tape to it and pulling it off. this time it sat over the weekend and the tape method didnt work so i had to scrape it. im sure if i left it to cure fully it would have been much harder to get off.

Back