how hard would it be?

o yeah guys.......the way my tank is set up my sump would be on the ground behind my tank and stand......would that be a problem? my tank is on a 3 foot high stand.....so my sump would be on the floor and about a foot behind the tank so its not actually right underneath the tank....does that make a difference on what kind of pump i buy?

Don't even bother with the acrylic sections, it would be cheaper to just use plexi glass from HD or Lowes. If you do go the route where drilling it with water in the tank, make sure you take it slow and make sure the drill is always doing all the work, don't push on the drill too much. Drill from the outside and put a piece of masking tape over the hole on the inside of the tank to help "prevent" glass and glass shards from entering the tank.

wow ok.....this is already overwhelming.....now i have a huge HOB biowheel 330 (the bio wheels have been removied) but i have carbon in it that i am always running.....would it better benefit my tank to take the carbon out....stuff that thing with chaeto and put a light about it and turn that into a HOB refugium?

well that HOB filter has 2 pretty deep/big sides to it so i could run double carbon on one side (this would let me keep the same amount i currently run) and then the other side stuff it full of chaeto......how about that? i mean is it ok for water to flow through it pretty quickly or does it need to be sitting in low flow water for it to have effect?

ok thanks barb....i am probably going to get in touch with you when i go to build this sump....i want to have a refugium in the sump as well and i saw your picture you had that so I will prob. copy your design

awsome barb.....yeah i may take u up on helping me build that.....I'm going out of town for the 4th so probably 2 weeks or so from now

jaydm93teg;193023 wrote: thanks guys, i have a 29 gallon glass aquarium empty i could use as a sump but dont i need like diff. "sections" in the sump? how would i go about seperating a 29 gallon aquarium into 3 diff. sections?

Excellent info here on DIY:

a>

Back