How much was your last power bill?

skriz

Reaction score
After reading about some insanely high and low power bills, it got me wondering what everyone is paying these days.

SO, how much was your last power bill? What do you run (tank equip, etc.)? House or apartment?

welll.....this month was $236, but our air is half broke so it is running all the time, and I live in an apartment. Running T5's, HOB filter, aqua c skimmer, and three powerheads.

I so gotta call the apartment manager and get the air fixed......

$230. July's bill is always my largest though. I run my AC at 76 until this bill that shocks me to run at 78/80...lol.

house (built mid-1990s) 3 bed/2 bath. henry county
tanks in sig.

June bill was $358.

House in Gwinnett (built 2003)
800g system. 4x400w halides. 4x65w actinics. 2 x hammerhead pumps, 2 tunze 6100, tunze 6300, vortech, calcium reactor.
A/C set from 76-78 deg (varies during night/day-upstairs/downstairs)

Inefficiently built 8 year old home with poorly installed zoned heating & air.

But comparing last June (pre-saltwater hobby) to June 2008 (125g, 90g, 29g-nano & 12g nano), that's a big difference. But then again, we also used the air quite a bit this June and had an extra person living here for 3 weeks. And June 2007 didn't get the heat that we had last month.

>

Oh, my 55 has 4x65w PCs, the 10g fw/frag have CFLs, and the 30g hex fw has a 15"florescent.
2 emperor 400s, 1 emperor 250, 1 whisper 10i, 1 30g filter that I cannot remember off hand...2 penguin powerheads, some air stones...like 5 computers and 2 laptops. could add more if you care to know...lol

Mines always under a Ben. 1 BR apt in Marietta, built in 86, facing East, 2nd floor, air stays 80 in the day, 70 at night, but the apt is pretty stable given that it is regulated by the above and below tenants (I figure).

Tank previous was 34 gal solana with 150W Halide, interesting to see what the 140g with T5's brings next month..

My current bill is $212. I have 2 tanks one with 150w halide and one with a 70w halide and 72w of pcs. I also have a 1300g pond with tons of landscape lighting and a huge pump. I keep my house at 72-73deg.

A couple of years ago we installed a high efficiency air conditioner and I swear that it has payed for itself. I had $350+ power bills and didn't even have the tanks before we put in the AC

$236.00. not bad as we keep the house at 74 daytime, 72 evening, & 73 overnight.

my bill this month came to $199.98. I have a 90 gallon. I run 2-250watt MH. and 2 96watt acentic. mag9.5 , and..blah blah, blah...I live downstairs in a stone duplex apt. I have noticed however that on my bill....the month of july is the highest rates for therms of the entire year. They charge more for therms this month than any other. AND it was the same last year as well.

My last bill was $191. The meter reader was around earlier this week so the new bill should be here anyday!

I've taken off my closed loop which has reduce my tank temps some this summer and I'm considering going with a T5 fixture hung from the ceiling to even fruther reduce the water temp and power consumption.

I'm still a bit shocked that my last bill was only $227.

5000sq ft house built in 1987 with 43 windows throughout (single pane!). I do keep the house at 78-80, despite my wife's complaining about being too hot. 2x1000w lights, 2 sequence pumps, chiller.

Edit- I should note that I had a gas bill this winter that was $600... I found a vent just open in the attic, so hopefully this winter will be a little more tolerable...

mojo;197502 wrote:
Edit- I should note that I had a gas bill this winter that was $600... I found a vent just open in the attic, so hopefully this winter will be a little more tolerable...

And now we know global warming is caused by Mojo, someone call AwlGore and let him know we found the source!

LOL! I'm glad I contributed to warming something, 'cause it certainly wasn't my upstairs!

My last Bill was $180. House is a couple years old. Around 4k Sq ft. We are very energy conscious and keep the AC,lights,etc at a minimum. My tanks that are running area 125 ,60 and a 24 Nano. Hopefully the new tank doesn't double the bill .:)

So their is 3 people with over $700???? Not good.

As I stated earlier... Mine was $125 For May... I have not received June's yet. I have two tanks running a total of 2 175W Halides (on for 9 hours), 2 48" T-5s and 4 36" T-5s on for 12 hours, A mag 18 always on, A Mag 5 always on, 2 Cap 2600's always on, 1 Korillia 4 always on. My home is pretty much an average of 77 degrees. I do not feel like my AC units are performing great but I am too cheap to get them serviced. ;)

701+ oops wrong vote. I missed read it as $70+ not $701 a month. mine are between $70- $90 max. not $701. my bad, so that -1 vote for $701+

Back