How much was your last power bill?

1900sq/ft townhouse 2 story with 2 ac units both kept at 74 all the time. 140g tank, 55g sump. 3x175w mh, 2x110w vho...blah, blah. Bill was 140. As a side note, all utilities are going up in cost to the consumers, so be mindfull of how useful/wasteful you are.

I switched to http://www.streamenergy.net/">Stream Energy</a> for natural gas

It's a good thing.

Mine was $192 (which is the highest for the year) for a 3000 SF house built in 2007. In the winter it was $50-we have natural gas. Between gas and electric, our bills are never more than $275. It's really energy efficient, I think compared to my old house. AC is around 77 to 74 depending on weather.

I run my 120gal with T5'd, Octopus skimmer, Mag12, (2) Koralia 4's.

My last one was $360. All I have is a 34 gal solana. Last year it was about $80 more when I was running the 90 gallon. Switching to a 250W. I wonder what that will do?
4800 s/f 5 BR/5bath in Smyrna built in '02.

tebriel;197535 wrote: what about those of us with 68$ power bills?

If we could kick you, we would! :)

That's just not right..$68? Do yo live in an elevator?

chrisjet;197575 wrote: mine was the highest ever this month $354! WTF!

That new baby is staying up all night playing video games... you just havent caught her yet.

;)

$400.19 The house is a 4K sq ft Victorian that my wife keeps at 76, with a 500 sq ft air conditioned barn, swimming pool, hot tub, 2 tanks.

We have a 3 ton unit (13 seer?) that should be gross overkill for our house considering it's only about 1600 sq feet, but we have no trees as our yard is what used to be all pasture. We're surrounded by pastures! We have trees planted, but it'll still be a few years before they offer any significant shade. Our power bill is all over the place. I have a 120g with 2-175 watt MH and my 55g has CFs. The 20g cube and the 10g FW tank are probably pretty insignificant on the power bill. We have a pool, but the filter is on a timer ad we've had it for more than a year. We also have a camper, but it's not hooked to power. What rocked our world was going from $167 to $606 - who the h*ll can budget for a jump like that? Grrr!!! :mad2:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
197712=11814-Power.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
197712=11814-Power.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Power.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ours was 238 this last bill.. but our gas went down to 43... Together, we pay about 300 year round for our gas/electric. Our house is 1800sq ft., one level, brick. not too old, but we rent, so I have no idea for sure.

We run the air at 74 day, 70 night. We also have 2 boys that don't know lights turn off too, and air filters that run constantly in the cat room. I do anywhere between 10-14 loads of laundry a week, and I've seen the meter almost fly off when the dryer is on!

My tank is a 90, running a HOB skimmer, Mag 350 filter, Koralia 3 powerhead, and 2 250 watt MHs that run 8 hours a day.

I am scared to see this next month though- we went out of town for a couple days and left the oven on 400 :( and this weekend, we left a window open, and the air at 70... UGH!!

I got mine yesterday.. $489 yikes..Dont know what caused the extra $150 spike but it did it about the same time last year....

That's what I love about T-5's. I figure my tank costs me about $20 - 25 a month in electric usage. I figured it out once calculating the watts per hour usage times cost per KW hour. The only wild card is the heater, a 300 watt Jaeger, which I only use in the winter.

okay, so who are in the $700+ club and what's the actual total? :)

Skriz;198702 wrote: okay, so who are in the $700+ club and what's the actual total? :)
LFS's lol, I am sure their power bill is not pleasant. I could be very wrong though.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: GRRRRRRRR!!!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Just got this month's power bill and it's not much better than last month's bill! We went from $167 to $606 and this month it's $460! Called Georgia Power to see if there were any suggestions they could offer. NOTHING has changed and even with the shift in weather, it makes no sense that our bill would jump so high. :wow2:

I just want to pummel GA Power! :bash:

The reps have some of the worst attitudes I've ever encountered :bash2: , but I finally got ahold of someone who was willing to help me today. They are having an agent get in touch with me to do a free energy audit of our home to see if they can determine where our problem lies. Ugh...stupid power bill.

Back