How much was your last power bill?

TAftonomos;203816 wrote: Yeah, this is total crap. My power bill was higher than it has ever been in 2 years (since I bought the house).

Last year my highest bill was $250, but I didn't have the 75g tank either. I find it hard to believe a 75g tank is costing me $100 per month.

Maybe it's a combo of the tank and the new fuel surcharges that were just put into place this year. I don't know who your power company is, but the new fuel surcharge is pretty much across the board, not just with GA Power. I guess everyone's trying to recoup the high price of fuel!

Has ANYTHING else changed that you can think of?

mojo;200047 wrote: They did say that there was a rate increase after June 1. I used 13400 gallons, according to my bill. That's ~450 gallons/day. Two people. All the faucets, showerheads, toilets, etc are non-low flow, so that doesn't help. I know my RO unit isn't the most efficient, so that may be the culprit. I don't produce more than ~100-200g/mo of RO water, so even at worst, I shouldn't use more than 1000g from that.

Either way, I'll be changing some things up soon...

A little necro-posting here...

ARGH! After 9 months now of trying to conserve, replacing shower heads, cutting down on water changes, and everything else to try to get my $100/mo water bill down, someone noticed that my ground was frozen over the other day near my water valve outside. I had the water company come by this morning, and they confirmed a leak on my side of the meter- just enough to drain out 10,000g/month. I should have done this months and months ago...

Looks like I'm digging up my front yard during lunch...

DrNecropolis;278984 wrote: Sucks!! Never noticed the ground being wet?

Nope- the meter is not near the house, and on the opposite side of the yard from the driveway and everything else. It wasn't until a jogger stopped me and noted that there was ice in the road this week that I really looked at it.

Ace of Spades;279008 wrote: That sucks. My water bill last month was for over 80,000 gallons, 300 bucks worth. I also had a leak on my side of the meter. Had to have near 500 ft of PEX run to fix it.

Holy crap! Hopefully this should be just a foot or two of pipe...

How old is your home? Any home warranty that might make the builder/developer pick up at least part of the tab?

21 years old. I don't expect it to be more than $15 in parts and an hour or two of my time. While I've got a home warranty, I don't think it's worth it. I'll probably complain for longer than it'll actually take.... :)

wow! Well, if you're on sewer, you can at least claim for a refund of the sewer charges.

Todd, if it is polybutylene pipe you should seriously consider replacing the whole line to your house... Once a leak apeares many more are guranteed to follow!

Been there, done that!

Back