How often is too often

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Hello again. I am adding coral every Saturday as of now, is this too frequent? Nothing super exciting just zoas and candy canes so far but this week I’m going for a stunner I’m talking about a couple hundred bucks. So with that being said I want to limit the risk of fatalities.

My experience is that when I bought and lost my first expensive coral I wanted to bail on the hobby. I would air on the side of caution here. If I remember correctly, your tank isn't that old, I just don't want to see you fail.

My experience is that when I bought and lost my first expensive coral I wanted to bail on the hobby. I would air on the side of caution here. If I remember correctly, your tank isn't that old, I just don't want to see you fail.

I would second this completely.

“Is this too often” for the tank? I think I recall you have a relatively young tank. This could make it more difficult for some corals to settle in, especially nicer and pricier corals like Scolys.

“Is this too often” for you? This goes beyond literal capability and into practical capability. I think you are going a little bit fast. You need to accrue some months under your belt to see how corals in this tank are growing/dying. In the unlikely event (maybe 10-35%) chance that you fail, I’d rather it be a minor setback than a major one.

I would second this completely.

“Is this too often” for the tank? I think I recall you have a relatively young tank. This could make it more difficult for some corals to settle in, especially nicer and pricier corals like Scolys.

“Is this too often” for you? This goes beyond literal capability and into practical capability. I think you are going a little bit fast. You need to accrue some months under your belt to see how corals in this tank are growing/dying. In the unlikely event (maybe 10-35%) chance that you fail, I’d rather it be a minor setback than a major one.
I guess I will be practicing patience

also - not sure sure how experience of a reefer for you because if people saw what I was throwing in my tank 2 months after a boot up... they'd probably think I was crazy, but here I am :)

every tank is different tho
Man me too. I was just all inappropriate in standard reefing eyes.

Back