Huge Toadstool - Need your opinion

hooked on salt

Market
Reaction score
I stopped in a LFS while visiting my son in TN and they have this huge toadstool that would look pretty awesome in my 150. It's at least 12" across the top and probably 18-20" tall. The stalk is about 5-6" in diameter. They're asking $200 for it with the attached LR included. Is the price too high? How difficult would it be to keep a monster that size?

Toadstool leathers grow pretty fast but to get that large might take some time. If it was me, I'd get a much smaller one for a lot less and let it grow.

That would be my vote too. I love to get 1 or 2 polyps of something and grow it to a colony and then frag it for my friends...

Jason

If you want one that big, I have one (sounds like exact dimensions too). I'll sell it for $150 :)

Btw, it took years for it to grow that large.

It really depends. I love watching things grow, but if the big one is big enough and a desireable color, you could really frag a bit off fairly often and get a little of your money back. A huge yellow toadstool would be awesome and worth it to me. A brown one, ehh....maybe.

Back