Hui's Low Boy Holding Tank

Thats the one I use - I use it for more than just normal testing vials (a 500 ml erlenmeyer for alk calibration for instance) so I wanted one I could use any vessel on.

I also use it to mix DIY All-for-Reef in 1 a liter flask.

I wanted something I could plug in as well rather than battery operated.

I made a DIY one using a computer fan, hard drive magnets and a 3d printed case - it worked OK - once I started using it a little more I decided to buy one.

I use the above one and purchased a variety pack of magnetic stirrers. I use it for mixing solutions like All for Reef and coral snow etc. The other stirrer one Amazon is great for testing only as it is battery operated and for small vials. You can also use the INTLLAB one to set up a DIY kalk reactor like Reefdudes did online.

Thanks all. I was about to reply with something that I realized should probably be posted somewhere else. I don't want to derail Hui's build thread any further than we have.

@hzheng33 If you would like this cleaned up let me know and I'll get it done.

The Aqauticlife skimmer performed well but im upgrading to the tunze 9004 due to the better fit.

i have about 2-3” between the bottom of the aquatic life skimmer and the bottom of the tank. The tunze fits perfectly and is already producing good skimmate

9924186D-5E3E-4013-ADD8-BEAC5144A921.jpeg

yup and i wholeheartedly disagree with the decision to interpret some of the initial rules, which i don't think i disqualify myself. i guess i should've post each pic from the first post on separate days instead of date-stamping them.

Same here, but well, less contesters more chance for them to win.
Anyways... Do you have a LSOH zoa available?
Pm me if you have one or two for sale please

The Aqauticlife skimmer performed well but im upgrading to the tunze 9004 due to the better fit.

i have about 2-3” between the bottom of the aquatic life skimmer and the bottom of the tank. The tunze fits perfectly and is already producing good skimmate

View attachment 48305

AIO skimmers are hard to find. My IM one does okay for its size but the pumps are prone to die. I've heard good things about that Tunze and the IceCap ones though. If/when this one dies i will prob look at either of those.

Same here, but well, less contesters more chance for them to win.
Anyways... Do you have a LSOH zoa available?
Pm me if you have one or two for sale please
It's not like that at all but I am sorry that's the impression you got from it.

AIO skimmers are hard to find. My IM one does okay for its size but the pumps are prone to die. I've heard good things about that Tunze and the IceCap ones though. If/when this one dies i will prob look at either of those.
the one i have is the 9004 dc.

i'm still playing with the setting and all but so far it's performing the same if not better than the original AquaticLife skimmer.

i have not tested the nitrate and phosphate because i know my water and the dreaded issue of nitrate and phosphate is plaguing the low boy as well. There’s no Dino or other complications yet except the colors are slightly offs. I would trade my clean tank water with your high phosphate/nitrate water any day of the week. I’m starting to dose nitrate and reef roid to make the water dirty

Hanna HR nitrate 0.4ppm/ Hanna phosporous 0.0ppb.

FC890C29-8823-4E0F-8B88-A32004F18DE6.jpeg

Back