Hurricane Season

I have a small gas powered generator to run the tanks, a refrigerator, internet if its on, my wife's office, all our chargers for phones and laptops & some lights some lights.

I ran to heavy duty extension cords through ought the house so all I have to do is start the generator, unplug several cords from wall outlets and plug them into the generator outlets and should be good to go.

I have a small gas powered generator to run the tanks, a refrigerator, internet if its on, my wife's office, all our chargers for phones and laptops & some lights some lights.

I ran to heavy duty extension cords through ought the house so all I have to do is start the generator, unplug several cords from wall outlets and plug them into the generator outlets and should be good to go.
What size are you calling small?

A few weeks ago a tree took down the power line that feeds my house. My wife drove to Home Depot and purchased a 6500W Briggs and Stratton generator. I already keep 5 gallon cans of gas stored at the house. That bad boy was easily able to run all my tanks. I also have a chiller in case I lose power in the summer time.

Speaking of preparedness, make sure you have enough supplies to hold your family for at least a couple of days at all times.

I run a 3500 watt Predator Inverter/Generator that I picked up at Harbor Freight a few years ago. Love it. It's quiet and runs my tanks, the fridge, freezer and internet/TV for when I get stuck here. My Wife and Daughter usually leave if the power's out for any lengths of time and stay with family. I'm left to tend to the tanks and household stuff all by myself!

I usually run the fridge but cut it off to run the deep freeze. The deep freeze only needs an hour or two daily to keep everything nice and frozen as long as I don't open it up much. The generator may be able to handle both but when I'm home without power, what else have I got to do but play around with things?

A few weeks ago a tree took down the power line that feeds my house. My wife drove to Home Depot and purchased a 6500W Briggs and Stratton generator. I already keep 5 gallon cans of gas stored at the house. That bad boy was easily able to run all my tanks. I also have a chiller in case I lose power in the summer time.

Speaking of preparedness, make sure you have enough supplies to hold your family for at least a couple of MONTHS at all times.
FIFY..
I have a Honda 2200i and the companion 2200 with the 30 amp hook up. Moved some circuit breakers around in the panel box and wired in a 30 amp outlet outside to hook up the generators.
Thankfully have not had to use them for the tank yet, but they run the camper like a champ.

E3R2CtM.jpeg

Loving this beast. It's running right now.

Hurricanes, plain old thunderstorm with tornadoes took out the power in our neighborhood on Friday for like 7 hours. I never thought my Generac generator would be a thing in the summer but wow am I glad I have it. Power automatically came on 3 minutes later and we maintained air conditioning and power. Best birthday present ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back