Are you prepared in case we lose power?

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
With the hurricane tracking a little west of the original forecast we may see some high winds sometime late Monday through Tuesday. There is a possibility we may see some extended power outages throughout Atlanta (back in the  90s (I believe it was hurricane Opal) suffered power outages lasting for days and longer for some people).  What do you do when you lose power?    This is my checklist and I would like to hear what everyone else does to prepare their tanks.

My checklist

Gas generator filled with exta gas as backup and extra extension cords ready.  2 extra Car inverters ready and both cars filled up.

Apex set for powerloss to run minimal equipment (no lighting, skimmer, UV or accessories).  APC setup for power heads in all tanks and for the internet router.

Temp not an issue at this time of the year.  During the winter (extra blankets to wrap the tanks).  During the summer I have a chiller and I use to freeze 16oz coke bottles filled with RO water.

Water changed before the storm and another ready for after.

Pickup bags of Ice to keep in the freezer and refrigerator and stock up on beer.  :)

Keep the family safe and happy.

good list!  I'll have to look into the inverters in case generator won't start.  I'll have to lookup how many amps they can transfer!

Im not even sure about the capicity they can handle.   Ill bet it can atleast handle powerheads and a few critical pieces of equipment.

We were only out about 6 hours, but I got to put my new propane powered generator to use.  4kW was plenty to run the tank, and even ran a hair dryer at the same time.  It's small enough to keep in the shed and just carry down to the house when needed.  Google "Sportsmans Generator".   I got it online from Walmart on sale last spring, shipped to my door for around $250.  Totally worth it.

Back