Hydor Koralia Recall

cameron

Market
Reaction score
Got my letter with UPS label in the mail today. Pretty much says a recall on all 2s and 3s for an unspecified problem. I am guessing my stray voltage is the reason.

Did you have to call their tech support or something to get that?

Or did they get your address from the retailer? If so, which store? I bought mine from Drs. Foster and Smith.

Thanks,
David

Interesting. At least it sounds like they are doing the right thing.

Let us know how it turns out.

-Andy

Heard the are replacing 2 and 3's with 4's for no extra charge.

I got mine from The Aquatic Group which is MarineandReef.com where I bought it. They sent me a letter and a UPS label asking for a return and included a refund in my shipping.

Fosters and Smith are doing the swap for 4's if you prefer, is what I read on RC.

Pump down! Pump down! I have a 4 that has a voltage leak as well. Good stuff. Closed loop here I come.

Yep closed loop... more expensive all the way around, but looks nicer and much safer. I will have about $300 in my loop, but it will kick out 3500gph or so. Another $300 if we get an Oceans Motions power buy going.

I don't need that much gph! :)

But I do need to find a good pump for a CL though... anybody got one for sale... :D

Cameron;29706 wrote: Yep closed loop... more expensive all the way around, but looks nicer and much safer. I will have about $300 in my loop, but it will kick out 3500gph or so. Another $300 if we get an Oceans Motions power buy going.

Have you considered just going with a Tunze 6200, way more flow than 3500 gph, less heat and wattage than a traditional pump and there would be no chance of livestock being sucked in like a closed loop, not to mention a potential leak down the road.

Broreefr;29710 wrote: Have you considered just going with a Tunze 6200, way more flow than 3500 gph, less heat and wattage than a traditional pump and there would be no chance of livestock being sucked in like a closed loop, not to mention a potential leak down the road.

If you do a CL loop properly, you actually have less chance of sucking livestock into it... :)

Ive got a few external pumps at my shop at the moment. Some new and some used. I'll look for the info on them today and post later tonight for you CL guys.

FishyBusiness;29715 wrote: Ive got a few external pumps at my shop at the moment. Some new and some used. I'll look for the info on them today and post later tonight for you CL guys.

cool, if you have any poseidens, I'd be interested, but It looks like my online vendor isn't going to be nearly as cool as camerons or others... :(

So i may be dealing w/ hydor directly... :(

Broreefr;29710 wrote: Have you considered just going with a Tunze 6200, way more flow than 3500 gph, less heat and wattage than a traditional pump and there would be no chance of livestock being sucked in like a closed loop, not to mention a potential leak down the road.
I like the uncluttered look of the closed loop, safety in not sucking stuff up, no juice in the tank, adding an oceans motion unit for the wave ability and the multi powerhead (6 in my case) from a single pump. No area in my tank should have a dead spot when I am done. Also it is cheaper cost wise (course not when you consider the added work involved).

Cameron;29725 wrote: adding an oceans motion unit for the wave ability and the multi powerhead (6 in my case) from a single pump. .

Thanks for the idea. I already have a closed loop in place with no powerheads. I've been looking at the idea of wave motion, but was really pained at spending 600 on a decent tunze config. This is a whole lot cheaper config and I already have the pump in place.

Rob

Pardon my ignorance but what do you guys mean when you refer to a closed loop? I know what a closed loop is concerning heat tranfer and fluid flow systems for power plants and such but not aquariums. Thanks!

judochop;29742 wrote: Pardon my ignorance but what do you guys mean when you refer to a closed loop? I know what a closed loop is concerning heat tranfer and fluid flow systems for power plants and such but not aquariums. Thanks!

try this
a> by anthony. :)

The return pump is the pump that is used to pump water from the sump back to the main display tank. This will provide a limited amount of flow in the main tank.

To provide additional flow to the display tank you can use either power heads or a closed loop pump. The closed loop pump is plumbed with an intake in the main tank and returns the water back via the output of the pump. There is no temporary water storage involved just a loop.

The reason most do this including me was:

I don't like the looks of power heads in my tank
The powerheads kept falling down.
The powerheads kept getting clogged
I had a tendancy to lose fish to the powerheads.

The advantages of powerheads is that they don't require plumbing and more efficient in regards to power consumption.

Rob

Cameron;29646 wrote: Got my letter with UPS label in the mail today. Pretty much says a recall on all 2s and 3s for an unspecified problem. I am guessing my stray voltage is the reason.

I don't even know what that is?...:0

Back