Inkbird failing?

Thought I had the issue resolved but still going on. I don't know why I can't figure out what's going on here, LOL. I plugged up a second inkbird I had that was working just fine before I took it offline. Now I've got two inkbirds running two heaters. The wifi version (I calibrated it after the readings I got from my other thermometers) is set at 77° but won't read a temp above 67.8° and just keeps heating. The other ink Burger said it's 77°, it's reading a temperature of 76.7°, but I haven't seen it turn on the second heater yet. Are they both crap? I got to get this figured out before I go out of town on Friday

what is the hysteresis set too?

76.7 is likely not low enough to trigger at a setting of 77 - it's a safety feature that prevents wear on the heaters - you don't want them kicking on and off every 30 seconds trying to maintain a very tight range.

Yeah, I just found that out this morning. The Wi-Fi ink bird will allow you to do half a degree, the old one is only whole points.

Is you temp probe on the inkbird clean and in the water? If it comes to surface or is pulled out accidentally it will read ambient temp.

Still in the water. I'll try cleaning them off just in case. I think it may have just been a calibration issue. I verified the temperature in my tank with a third digital thermometer and it read 77.5°

Back