Innovative Marine Algae Grazer, Love It!!

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so I have had the Innovative Marine Algae Grazer for a couple months now. I have always hated algae clips in the past, as well as having to rubber band seaweed to rocks and such. When I saw the advertising videos for the grazer, I knew I had to give it a try.

The thing is awesome. It did take about a week before my tangs really took to it, but now they know and dart right to it whenever I put it in the tank.

So easy to just fold up a sheet and stick it in the tank and I don't even have to put my hands in the water to do so. Very clever design that keeps the seaweed in the grazer and out of my filtration equipment.

Just thought I'd lost my experience with it...

078059040b380d429095e78c64c758be.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have one and they are great...I don't waste as much noori as I used to

According to their promo video: "The algae grazer promotes natural picking behavior for fish."

I'm not sure I want to promote picking behavior :shades:

seriously, it does look awesome though, i'll have to pick one up

I have a big wrasse that eats everything I put in the tank including nori , I have to pre tear it or he ends up with half a sheet swimming around chewing for 45 minutes , I think this could fix that problem

Tbub1221;1063792 wrote: I have a big wrasse that eats everything I put in the tank including nori , I have to pre tear it or he ends up with half a sheet swimming around chewing for 45 minutes , I think this could fix that problem
I had the same issue and this definitely fixed it. I love it!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

thanhreef;1063793 wrote: awesome. I'm going to pick one up too. where to buy in LFS?
It's been a few months, but i think i got mine at Creation in Woodstock.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I haven't been to creation in forever. Sounds like a good reason to go.

I have one also. All my fish love it and no mess!

Did basically the same thing with eggcrate a few years back. Oh well you snooze you loos. My tangs loved it.

grouper therapy;1063851 wrote: Did basically the same thing with eggcrate a few years back. Oh well you snooze you loos. My tangs loved it.

I know what my next project is...

the one thing that irks me about seaweed clips and this IM grazer is that at least 1/3 or more of the sea weed is lost/wasted. in this case, the seaweed between the slots are never eaten and thus wasted. just want to see if anyone out there can come up with a more efficient way of clipping food.

My fish get alot if it. And when it's time to put more in the clip I put all of the nori they couldn't get right into the tank and they gobble it up. Zero waste.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jvb89;1063864 wrote: My fish get alot if it. And when it's time to put more in the clip I put all of the nori they couldn't get right into the tank and they gobble it up. Zero waste.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+1 me too

Thanks Grant, sounds like an addition is needed for "Princes" my yellow tang.

hzheng33;1063857 wrote: the one thing that irks me about seaweed clips and this IM grazer is that at least 1/3 or more of the sea weed is lost/wasted. in this case, the seaweed between the slots are never eaten and thus wasted. just want to see if anyone out there can come up with a more efficient way of clipping food.

I wouldn't say it wastes a 1/3 of the sheet, probably more like a 1/10. Even then I just brush whatever is left over into the tank. The tangs make quick work of it since it is well saturated and small enough pieces.

Nothing is perfect, but this is way better than anything else I've ever tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I dont see much of a point to this. As said the algae between the holes wont get eaten.

And just like you said, anything that falls off the clip will just get eating by others. At least they do in my tank. Anything that falls off the clip gets snatched up pretty fast. But I go through 3 sheets a day and having to reload that thing is enough of a PINA to make it not worth it for me.

If alot gets lost, role the sheet up before you put it in the clip.

It has nothing to do with waste. I had 10 tangs in that tank and the sheet being pinned down kept them busy grazing and they left each other alone. Waste? I had none. Mine was the size of a full sheet of nori and I would place 4 in it at a time.

Back