interesting event

cdub

Market
Reaction score
last night i went to feed my lps and noticed one of my larger electric blue hermits at the back of the tank. upon closer inspection he had just ripped the protective foot off of a very large mexican turbo snail and was now in the process of devouring it.

Yep, those guys love to munch on turbos. I had a halloween hermit (similar to yours, just orange instead of blue) that went on a killing rampage when I first combined my 30 gal. with my 72. He killed about 5 or 6 very large mexican turbos in the span of about 2 weeks. I swear he was just killing for fun.

See if someone with a FOWLR will take him.

Same happened to me early on. Now I only go for the dwarf hermits. Now if I can keep my purple pincushion urchin from ripping my snails apart ... I may actually keep one to old age.

same here...... I purchased about 20 blue hermits and now they are killing and robbing each other for thier homes. Its fun to watch and also it entertains my two girls for hours.

JRISER;77042 wrote: same here...... I purchased about 20 blue hermits and now they are killing and robbing each other for thier homes. Its fun to watch and also it entertains my two girls for hours.

Just curious... why not toss some empty/slightly larger shells in the tank so your hermies can upgrade to bigger homes?

I put a few shells from my old set-up in there... but its like they could care less and would rather fight for one that alrady occupied.

i agree, the shell he currently has is huge. he didn't even take the shell after he killed the turbo.

the thing i don't understand is my electric blues leave the red leg hermits, nassarius, astrea, and cerith snails alone.

Back