Is There Such Thing????

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Hey, is there such thing as a "BLEACHED" anemone???? Anyone ever heard that??? :fish: :fish:

never herd of it. i know they can like get lighter in color but never herd of bleaching..

Man ive been argueing with these fool's for days on SWF.COM I asked Jen at imagine ocean and she said no such thing. But if you google bleached anemone's there are articles on light (almost transparent) anemone's.

huh well bleached usually means white not transparent so.....hm let me know.. i read u like to jet ski? what kind you got??

I had a 2001 Sea-Doo RXX. Sold it in march this year.:boo: So pissed I had to sell it. But, the girl said a house is more important then sepnding 60 bucks everyday on the weekend on gas hahaha. So, we move in our house December 22. Then I'm shopping again. I dont know if im going to get another ski, or just wait a year and get a Yamaha ar230

"Bleached" or "Bleaching" are terms used to describe the white/transparent look of a coral or anemone when they are stressed.

Showtime305 wrote: "Bleached" or "Bleaching" are terms used to describe the white/transparent look of a coral or anemone when they are stressed.
I knew it was for a coral but I never heard that about an anemone, thats interesting. Thanks

It can be caused by many different environmental changes like pH, temperature, salinity, lighting, or even chemical wars between corals. The bleached look is actually come from a loss of zooxanthellae within the corals or anemone.

The worst anemone you can buy in a LFS is a white/bleached one. This is because of the lack of zoxanthellae in the tissue. I have never heard of a bleached anemone unless they actually bleach it themselves.

kj_yoda wrote: The worst anemone you can buy in a LFS is a white/bleached one. This is because of the lack of zoxanthellae in the tissue. I have never heard of a bleached anemone unless they actually bleach it themselves.

Okay cool

yeah dude i would get another jet ski go with yamaha tho. i have had yamaha since i was little like 9 years or something but we recently sold my 10 year old yamaha 760 and got a 2006 fx high output OMG its a ferrari compared to a honda civic!!! go with yamaha

Maroons15 wrote: yeah dude i would get another jet ski go with yamaha tho. i have had yamaha since i was little like 9 years or something but we recently sold my 10 year old yamaha 760 and got a 2006 fx high output OMG its a ferrari compared to a honda civic!!! go with yamaha

Man that rxx had 160 horses I loved it! I was gonna get the gp1200r but the rxx is a race ski out of the box. BUT!! had to rebuild the motor once haha! It had a VTS trim motor and lets just say i has jumping it out of the water too much haha. What lake do you go to?

i live right on lanier like it is my back yard so its pretty sweet. My fx high output has got 160 horses also and it will do about 65 but thats with the wind in y favor and not much gas. Its really nice ill post a pic. its only got lyk 23 hours on it

Maroons15 wrote: i live right on lanier like it is my back yard so its pretty sweet. My fx high output has got 160 horses also and it will do about 65 but thats with the wind in y favor and not much gas. Its really nice ill post a pic. its only got lyk 23 hours on it

Haha thats so funny cause when i lived with my mom she had a house on lake Allatoona (sp?) and I would get home from college and run to my ski haha:lol2: . Full throttle mine would run 72 but im sure give or take about 6 mph, dont know how accruate those digital speedo's really are... Sucks i had to sell it but, I traded in the car I towed it with for my Lexus and it kinda just sat there so I sold it. Plus the real world kicked in and I was working 60 hr weeks in the car business so I never had time anyays:boo: I'm sure ill find a ski somewhere for the summer, my girl misses it so i bet I can talk her into it. haha

anemones have zooxanthelae just like corals, and as such, can bleach just the same as I understand it. I have heard of bleached anemones. If they expelled all their zooxanthelae, they will need to be fed plenty of meaty foods, every day, preferably soaked in Selcon, until they begin to color up again (recolonize with zooxanthelae). This is becuase they won't be able to get any food through photosynthesis, since they lack the photosynthetic algae to feed from.

jessezm wrote: anemones have zooxanthelae just like corals, and as such, can bleach just the same as I understand it. I have heard of bleached anemones. If they expelled all their zooxanthelae, they will need to be fed plenty of meaty foods, every day, preferably soaked in Selcon, until they begin to color up again (recolonize with zooxanthelae). This is becuase they won't be able to get any food through photosynthesis, since they lack the photosynthetic algae to feed from.

On that note, I have a bta that is brick red but it has some white'ish marks kinda like stretch marks and some dots on the bubbles. what causes that? same thing??

no thats not the same thing, thats the actual pigmentation of the anemone. A typical bleached anemone will look extremely pale, just as a coral would. You'll know it when you see it, its not to be mistaken.

dang man i didnt know the rx went that fast.. how much is a used one? i want one. i really want to start racing

Back