Is this travertine tile safe as frag discs?

thanhreef

Market
Reaction score
I look for the bigger frag discs, but I could not find anywhere. People say travertine tile is safe to use as frag discs. I am not sure whether this is safe or not.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100664317/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=tumbled+chiaro&storeId=10051#.UQPulGfhd7g">http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100664317/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=tumbled+chiaro&storeId=10051#.UQPulGfhd7g</a>

Thank you,

Neom aquarium uses some kind of tile for their frags. When i bought 2 heads of gold torch they had it mounted on a big peice of tile

Edit: Nemo

Travertine is a natural stone that is safe, but tiles sometimes have sealers applied that are not.

jamescook;832716 wrote: Travertine is a natural stone that is safe, but tiles sometimes have sealers applied that are not.

Yup. Sandblast or sandpaper the surface sealer off, then a bath in RO/DI should help just to be safe. Once dry, the adhesive should hold better as well...

You can get any size disks, plugs, on EBAY cheap. I even got some "fake" live rock pieces that are small. I am going to use these as I get tired of seeing my chalices, palys, etc. growing on a flat surface everytime. Just an idea. :)

Edit: If you are interested go to EBAY and search frag disks. Ocean Wonders sells all different kinds.

Darren24;832950 wrote: You can get any size disks, plugs, on EBAY cheap. I even got some "fake" live rock pieces that are small. I am going to use these as I get tired of seeing my chalices, palys, etc. growing on a flat surface everytime. Just an idea. :)

Edit: If you are interested go to EBAY and search frag disks. Ocean Wonders sells all different kinds.

Thank you, Darren. I don't buy things on eBay. I am not sure 100% why, but I don't like that site.

That travertine comes unsealed and it should work just fine.
I would rinse them off to get any extra dust off and you'll be good to go!

rtirado;833800 wrote: That travertine comes unsealed and it should work just fine.
I would rinse them off to get any extra dust off and you'll be good to go!

I already bought it and soaked in RODI water for few days before use it. I love it.

thank you

Back