JBD's frag tank... I could use some help along the way.

First, did you get the acrylic from the guy on Craigs list?

As for cycle, if you use the LR rubble and true base rock or matrix you shouldn't see a cycle what so ever as long as the LR doesn't sit out for long. There would be no die off which would cause you to cycle. On my 125 I used about 30 lbs of LR from my previous tank and added some LR that was given to me. I also added some dead rock. I was a bit worried about the dead rock because it wasn't "Bleached" and had obviously been LR that had just been kept in a bucket with no water. But, I saw no spike whatsoever. Could have been that I had enough LR to absorb it but......

As for the leak, it wouldn't be pretty but you can use JB weld. Make sure it is good and dry before you apply it then put a nice bead of JB weld where the fitting meets the pipe.

yes, i got the acrylic from the guy off CL. Dennis is a nice man. Total cost on supplies for the sump and overflows ran me $50 and I have scraps for a future project.

JB weld, thanks for the suggestion.

JBDreefs;762985 wrote:

JB weld, thanks for the suggestion.

I learned that from a landscape irrigation project I did for my HOA last summer. LOL Why is it when you are doing something free it always gives you more problems than if you were doing it for yourself or for you job? That was a project I won't offer to do again. :lol2:

Back