JBJ USA (Transworld Aquatics) Experience

https://www.facebook.com/JBJAquariums">https://www.facebook.com/JBJAquariums</a>

It's in the "Posts to Page" section.

Giuliano has a 3D printer that it could design and build the plastic part. He is a good guy always willing to help Grant.
It depends on his availability I guess.

joseayes;981268 wrote: Giuliano has a 3D printer that it could design and build the plastic part. He is a good guy always willing to help Grant.
It depends on his availability I guess.

+1

Smart thinking Antonio

ghbrewer;981259 wrote: This was a great suggestion. Shortly after doing this, the VP of sales and marketing reached out to me (even though he is at MACNA this week). Says he wants to help, but unfortunately the the nipples are attached to the heat exchanger, so it really is not repairable. He did say that he would speak with his team about using threaded fittings where the compression fittings are.

Great week to put some pressure on JBJ! Lol. Great suggestion Ringo! I'll be sure to use that method of communication when it's warranted.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT and I do not have a 3D printer. I wanted to put that out there first.

I read somewhere that many printed products can not be put under pressure. So I don't know if I would trust a printed product in that type of application or not.
That being said, man it would be really cool to be able to print some nipples.

And I can honestly say, I have never typed those words before. ;-)

Sewer Urchin;981315 wrote: I AM NOT AN EXPERT and I do not have a 3D printer. I wanted to put that out there first.

I read somewhere that many printed products can not be put under pressure. So I don't know if I would trust a printed product in that type of application or not.

Yeah we all believe you Ben. Wink wink.

Sewer Urchin;981315 wrote: I AM NOT AN EXPERT and I do not have a 3D printer. I wanted to put that out there first.

LMAO!

But on a more serious note,

I have researched 3D printers for my office, and I would not trust any of the consumer or hobby grade extrusion type (FDM) printers to produce fittings for a pressurized system. There are some really awesome commercial grade 3D printers that are used for rapid prototyping and such that might fit the bill, but they cost tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of $. The technology is not quite there yet for the masses, but it will probably not be that long before it will.

Antonio, I do appreciate the suggestion, please do not misunderstand me. There are a lot of other scenarios where this type of technology could be used in the hobby to do some really cool stuff, just not in this case most likely.

No a problem, just had the idea, but couldn't get more info about 3D printers designing on high pressure application models.

Thank you Grant.
And thank you my friend Debbie :D next time I'll be doing more research lol! In fact I suggested thinking in someone who did comment on making gun pieces from a 3D printer, I just tough if it is strong enough to resist the impact of gunpowder why it wouldn't resist this? (Just a ghetto theory that was trending, not a real world practice)

I have a 3-D printer at work and i wouldn't think it would work for this application, however, i also molding machines at work...those would definitely work. I have no idea how to operate them or how much of a chore it would be, but text me a pic of what you need and i will look into it.

I've had the same horrid experiences with JBJ with the 45gal i got..broken parts packed into tank, glass lids that aren't tempered like advertised, missing pieces, and multiple wrong parts sent/ wrong amounts..truly a dreadful company IME

Back