jcusmarine's Pico S III Starphire Rimless Lagoon Build

Looking great! Did you ever end up getting a shrimp? I love my little fire shrimp but he's always hiding on the back side of the rocks but my 2 cleaners are always out poking around(they run the tank, don't tell my clowns)

Thanks! Not yet. Taking my time and still kind of debating on which way to go. Looking forward to my next add, whatever it is....

So, stock list so far:

Mated Pair Black Clowns
Bonded Pair of Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Clean up Crew

Gold Torch
Yellow/Green Tip Torch
My Miami Chalice
Chong Bong Zoa
Lord of the Rings Zoa
Orange Ricordia

Added this week - Bleeding Apple Scolymia

image-13.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Really enjoying them. Right after I took the video the came up front and hung out for a few. Couple of times a day they put on a show and then they post upbeat their perch.

Feeding time, well, craziness.

I fed the Scoly the other day and fattened the shrimp up with Mysis first and then surrounded the Scoly with a plastic cup with the end cut off and they left it alone. That was my only concern but it went well.

jcusmarine;883094 wrote: Really enjoying them. Right after I took the video the came up front and hung out for a few. Couple of times a day they put on a show and then they post upbeat their perch.

Feeding time, well, craziness.

I fed the Scoly the other day and fattened the shrimp up with Mysis first and then surrounded the Scoly with a plastic cup with the end cut off and they left it alone. That was my only concern but it went well.

None of my shrimp miss a meal, they run the tank too. That's a nice looking Scoly

Last vid for a little while until things mature...just enjoying iMovie.

a>

Cool tank. What substrate is that? Where did you get your torches from? The orange torch is beautiful!

Curtismaximus;883346 wrote: Cool tank. What substrate is that? Where did you get your torches from? The orange torch is beautiful!

Thank you man!

Caribsea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand

Golden Torch from The Fish Store and everything else from Atlanta Aquarium.

I should have guessed that was from The Fish Store. I should have gone and and gotten one myself! Keep up the good work.

Waiting for more growth on the FTS to come later, but My Miami this far:

uteme3ep.jpg
alt="" />

Give us the FTS! Maybe you should contact thomas about entering tank wars. I think he is looking for a nano from atlanta. Very cool tank!

Thanks.

Another year or so it should be established nicely and I will be adding reef setup número dos.

For now just enjoying watching everything mature and grow.

very nice looking tank setup you should put another lps or 2 in there and then just put a few zoas in there and let them take over.

Picoreefguy;921170 wrote: very nice looking tank setup you should put another lps or 2 in there and then just put a few zoas in there and let them take over.

Great minds think alike :)

Exactly the plan. I added red Aussie blasto (1 head frag) and a zoa frag.

I may add another small zoa or some mushrooms in a few months but for the most part I am sparsely stocked and will grow everything out to the max. Shooting for an established look so it does not look like a frag tank. I am being very selective on stocking this reef.

Will take a while...but worth it.

Thanks.

Back