Jebao DC pump size

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Jebao DC 6000 for my 180 with 2 returns, or should i get a DC 9000.Why im asking, are they any good.

I have a dc3000 in my biocube. I would go with the DC 9000. Is a DC pump with a controller. If it has to much flow you can dial it back with the controller.

I have a DC12000 listed in the dry goods forum, if you are interested.

ghbrewer;993019 wrote: I have a DC12000 listed in the dry goods forum, if you are interested.

I have the DC 12000 and the flow and head pressure is not anywhere close to what they state. So I would go with the 12000 and run it at 30 or 40%. IMHO

ghbrewer;993019 wrote: I have a DC12000 listed in the dry goods forum, if you are interested.

Not sure if im going to go with this one.Got a pump on back order.Will do some research. THANKS

I meant to say get the 12000. You can always run it lower like previously mentioned.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bcavalli;993026 wrote: I have the DC 12000 and the flow and head pressure is not anywhere close to what they state. So I would go with the 12000 and run it at 30 or 40%. IMHO

I agree. Performance is nowhere what they claim. I would place this pump in the "garbage" category but will have to see how long it lasts first. Only been using it a month. So, as of now, I'd classify these pumps in the "soon to be garbage" category.

Seth The Wine Guy;993460 wrote: I agree. Performance is nowhere what they claim. I would place this pump in the "garbage" category but will have to see how long it lasts first. Only been using it a month. So, as of now, I'd classify these pumps in the "soon to be garbage" category.

Seth,

I'm not sure I would call it garbage. Other than it running well below stated flow rates mine has performed flawlessly. Having the flow adjustment control works out great for me. But, like you said well have to see about the long term performance. Just my 2 cents.

Bcavalli;993462 wrote: Seth,

I'm not sure I would call it garbage. Other than it running well below stated flow rates mine has performed flawlessly. Having the flow adjustment control works out great for me. But, like you said well have to see about the long term performance. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree with this. While I only have limited experience with a two week long leak test, it has performed well for me. Does it produce what it claims? I have no idea. Does it produce what I need? And some. I have it set on 3.

I think they key point is don't buy one that barely meets your needs based off of stated flow. Go at least one size up and maybe two. Very curious to see how they perform over the long haul. For now, mine is the emergency backup.

RedStang;993472 wrote: I think they key point is don't buy one that barely meets your needs based off of stated flow. Go at least one size up anwhilemaybe two. Very curious to see how they perform over the long haul. For now, mine is the emergency backup.

That's what i am curious about, how will they hold up.I been waiting for a quietone 6000 to come in, its been on back order.I will dwell on it a while. Thanks guys for all the info.

I Just looked at my PayPal receipt for my dc12000. Purchased on 10/14/2013 still running strong. Just perspective of longevity.

I also cleaned it for the first time last month, because I'm negligent and my plumping doesn't serve easy to get to it LOL!

I don't know how to tell if its under rated or not but as far as flow for your 180 I would get the 12000 and dial it back as others have suggested, they really do get very slow on the flow on the lowest setting. Then you always have the capability of turning it up if needed plus I would think running a bigger pump at lower speeds then running a smaller pump at higher speeds would have less noise due to RPMs.

Well, I guess i can always buy it and use it , have the other for a back up.

Fishlips;993499 wrote: Well, I guess i can always buy it and use it , have the other for a back up.

Exactly. If my Speedway 790 was truly sufficient for my tank I'd still be running it instead of the Eheim 1262. It's just not enough especially when I build a manifold to run accessories off of. But it would work in a pinch.

Yea I don't really understand the garbage statement with everyone pretty darn satisfied with their pump. I mean it's a pump and it moves water from the sump to the tank, slows down, speeds up and stops to feed. It does it everyday of the week, for months now. And Seth...like a bic, when done, just throw it away and buy another one.:shades:

Mikesmith34;993574 wrote: Yea I don't really understand the garbage statement with everyone pretty darn satisfied with their pump. I mean it's a pump and it moves water from the sump to the tank, slows down, speeds up and stops to feed. It does it everyday of the week, for months now. And Seth...like a bic, when done, just throw it away and buy another one.:shades:

LOL, This is true, But we don't want to buy one every yr.My first pump Mag 7, lasted 7yrs.My second pump was a quietone 3000 that is still running after 3yrs.Its to small.Just want them to last afew yrs.

Fishlips;993579 wrote: LOL, This is true, But we don't want to buy one every yr.My first pump Mag 7, lasted 7yrs.My second pump was a quietone 3000 that is still running after 3yrs.Its to small.Just want them to last afew yrs.

I totally agree I'm just busting seth's hump from another thread. Trying desperately to encite another one of his priceless analogies:yes:

I had an old truck that I used to tow my boat to the lake each week. It was old and worked but it wasn't as fuel efficient as I would have liked. Especially when not towing the boat.

I decided to get a new truck with some nice bells and whistles and better fuel efficiency. I go to the dealership and tell them it needs to be powerful enough to tow my boat. The dealership shows me a truck and says it has twice the power of my old truck and can pull the boat without issue.

I drive the truck home and hitch up my boat. Guess what? It can't pull the boat. Therefore, despite the variable speed this or that, it's garbage because it can't do the job it claims to do.

<ul>
<li>I replaced a Mag 9.5 with the DC12000.</li>
<li>With 10ft of head pressure the Mag 9.5 claims 450gph</li>
<li>With 10ft of head pressure the DC120000 claims ~1200gph</li>
</ul>
I measured the gph before with the Mag 9.5 and after with the DC12000. The Mag 9.5 was actually pushing ~10% more gph!

So, THAT my friends, is why it's garbage. Performance claims are stretched all the time. This is flat out lying.

Back