Jebao DC pump size

Seth The Wine Guy;993660 wrote: I had an old truck that I used to tow my boat to the lake each week. It was old and worked but it wasn't as fuel efficient as I would have liked. Especially when not towing the boat.

I decided to get a new truck with some nice bells and whistles and better fuel efficiency. I go to the dealership and tell them it needs to be powerful enough to tow my boat. The dealership shows me a truck and says it has twice the power of my old truck and can pull the boat without issue.

I drive the truck home and hitch up my boat. Guess what? It can't pull the boat. Therefore, despite the variable speed this or that, it's garbage because it can't do the job it claims to do.

<ul>
<li>I replaced a Mag 9.5 with the DC12000.</li>
<li>With 10ft of head pressure the Mag 9.5 claims 450gph</li>
<li>With 10ft of head pressure the DC120000 claims ~1200gph</li>
</ul>
I measured the gph before with the Mag 9.5 and after with the DC12000. The Mag 9.5 was actually pushing ~10% more gph!

So, THAT my friends, is why it's garbage. Performance claims are stretched all the time. This is flat out lying.

If I had ten feet of head.... This may apply but since don't it works fine for me. :)

rdnelson99;993687 wrote: If I had ten feet of head.... This may apply but since don't it works fine for me. :)

It can just be a pain sometimes that I run a longer pipe than most...

Mikesmith34;993574 wrote: And Seth...like a bic, when done, just throw it away and buy another one.:shades:

Just make sure you're home when it's done. Or have your apex breakout box hooked up to let you know. :)

tonymission;993873 wrote: Just make sure you're home when it's done. Or have your apex breakout box hooked up to let you know. :)

Well if the PHs are still running would it be that big of a emergency say 24-48 hrs. Would not the water movement alone be enough to get O2 in the water. whats the deal with that

Mikesmith34;994047 wrote: Well if the PHs are still running would it be that big of a emergency say 24-48 hrs. Would not the water movement alone be enough to get O2 in the water. whats the deal with that

I'm not exactly sure there... maybe someone else can chime in. Probably would depend on the powerheads and how much the water surface breaks from the flow. I know it's better than dead still water either way, but true oxygenating won't be there without a lot of flow and break. I think .. Haha

Back