Koralia Nano Issues

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
Recently picked up a Koralia Nano PH (atlorange basically gave it to me becuase he had the same issues) that doesn't restart occasionally after feedings. It's never out of the water, but I do turn it off during feedings. I have to manually pull the cover off and spin the impeller before it works again. I've never had a single issue out of my Koralia 1, but this nano is annoying.

I needed a tiny PH for a particular spot in my tank, and the nano is the only one that will fit. Any other nano users that have had this issue? I have no problem buying another one if it's just this one that has issues, but I don't want to buy another and fight the same thing:D

Try and give it a thump on top if it doesn't restart.. Mine (k4's) have done it a couple times.. I either use the thump of doom, or just unplug them and plug em back in and they refire..

I can beat it senseless and no restart. Unplugging and plugging back in does nothing too. Until I manually fiddle with the impeller, it will not start back up.

might try a vinegar/fresh water bath and get it good and clean. If its new thats a different story.

Hmmm call hydor.. There about a 90% chance they will just mail you a new one to replace that one.. They have great CS!!

I have the same problem with my Koralia nana PH. Most of the time I thump it and it begins to work. I would suggest putting yours in vinegar and water to get any build up out of the propeller area.

Same problem with a k3. It's the oldest of three. I normally reach in with a feeding stick. It's pretty mucked up, so probably needs to be cleaned.

Hey jonboyb,

I have the same problem with the nano that I kept for my fresh water reserve. I use it for surface agitation/aeration. I often have to unplug it, give it a good shake and plug it back in. I am wondering if the new controllable ones are any better at restarting.

I just want it to work so bad!!! It is the perfect fit for the area I have:sad: It's also dang near impossible to work on once it's in there.

I agree, mine is a pain as well, thankfully I just use mine for mixing salt water in a 5 gallon jug. I would use the vinegar and water solution, it cleans everything up nicely. Just make sure you rinse everything really well.

It only has a couple weeks use and it's done it since day 1 so I doubt cleaning will change much. Time to get on the phone:D

Let us know what they say. If theres other reefers out there with similar problems they might cerious about a replacement...

Mine does that occasionaly too. I just made it a habit now to clean it when I do water changes. I think the design allows debris to accuumulate around the impeller snd shaft.

I soak mine in vinegar and water, take it apart and scrub it with a toothbrush. After I get it clean I run the powerhead in the vinegar bath and then run it in water. It works wonders.

Back