Lacking Trace Elements?

bkostuch;1056972 wrote:
f442ae897028d6620a73f70f571d611a.jpg
alt="" />

Chalice frag that I got from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That the green Monti cap

Yeah, it's encrusted itself forward on the rock. Sorry I use generic terms the wife understands :)

Marquise and Russ, seems like you all were in the right area. Borrowed a buddies nitrate test kit. As suspected..... 0 nitrates. The color didn't budge one bit from the original 0 color. Now need to get my hands on a phosphate test kit.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

If you're near me anytime soon I have a Hanna kit you can run some tests through

bkostuch;1057129 wrote: If you're near me anytime soon I have a Hanna kit you can run some tests through

Thanks Brent, I had someone local who said they would test for me. If that falls through I will hit you up. Appreciate the help

you may show 0. but you have some in that column. i think a 1 dose and be done would be all that is needed. nothing like a doser.

Russ-IV;1057293 wrote: you may show 0. but you have some in that column. i think a 1 dose and be done would be all that is needed. nothing like a doser.

You or Marquise mind elaborating more on what it is specifically to dose and where to get some?

Genesis;1057299 wrote: You or Marquise mind elaborating more on what it is specifically to dose and where to get some?

we both use potassium nitrate.

spectracide stump remover is the cheapest way to go.
i use seachem flourish nitrogen because i dont want to worry about keeping stuff in solution and pop it on a doser.
its also called salt peter.

you can also experiment with sodium or calcium nitrate.

i will say this. unless you have sps pale to white and die regularly within 30 days. it is best to go very very cautious on this stuff.

i know one person who did 1 initial dose and was good for 3 months. judging by your photos, i believe you fall under this category.

1. Get Spectracide Stump Remover from Lowes.
2. Get a kitchen scale that can measure in grams.
3. Use this
a> to calculate the amount to mix. I would recommend calculating for 2ppm per 1mL instead of 1ppm per 1mL.

MarquiseO;1057337 wrote: 1. Get Spectracide Stump Remover from Lowes.
2. Get a kitchen scale that can measure in grams.
3. Use this http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm">site</a> to calculate the amount to mix. I would recommend calculating for 2ppm per 1mL instead of 1ppm per 1mL.[/QUOTE]

Used the calculator and added the first dose of 1/4 teaspoon in 100 mL and no change. 2nd dose added and got a reading of 2 ppm nitrate. I'm going to hover in this area for a bit and see how the corals react.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/1059796=65072-image.jpeg">[IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/1059796=65072-image.jpeg" class="gc-images" title="image.jpeg" style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back