Leak

Just read this thread, what a panic this would be when you don't have time or equipment to handle it!
So glad to hear it is an easy fix!

JEFF to the rescue! The go to guy :)

anit77;1061931 wrote: I just got a bunch of black Friday stuff in and I haven't started my system yet. I can loan you heaters, powerheads and even some tanks if you need anything. Let me know I'm in Duluth.

It's so awesome to have people like you, willing to loan out your brand new purchases! Welcome to ARC, so glad your here!

Bulkheads, the most common leak area as stated above by Jacub.
It's nice to have professionals like you (manages Premier Aquatics) to help us struggle through our emergencys in this hobby!

Agreed, everyone is very helpful

Thanks Jeff for the bulkhead. Due to how this one return hole was drilled (basically a little too large and too close to the overflow it allowed for water to eventually seep through

Jeff suggested some square rubber sheets from lowes/home depot you cut to make your own gaskets. Actually they call them Rubber Packing Sheet.

I have cut them to be a tight fit around the bulkhead and, large square shaped to cover the entire hole and them some. I have put these both on the inside and outside of the tank and used aquarium silicone to ensure nothing can seep through.

I think this should hold.

Now just need to wait for things to cure and test and then repair my damage

Luckily it appears that even though I removed most of the water, all the rock, corals and fish for more than 24hrs. It seems I have not lost anything

Camellia;1061996 wrote: Just read this thread, what a panic this would be when you don't have time or equipment to handle it!
So glad to hear it is an easy fix!

JEFF to the rescue! The go to guy :)

It's so awesome to have people like you, willing to loan out your brand new purchases! Welcome to ARC, so glad your here!

Bulkheads, the most common leak area as stated above by Jacub.
It's nice to have professionals like you (manages Premier Aquatics) to help us struggle through our emergencys in this hobby!
Thanks for the kind words. These things are going to happen in this hobby. I'd like to think if I had something go south in my system that others would do the same for me. But you can't ask for help if your not going to reciprocate. Besides I like helping people 😉

I'm trying to get my area cleaned up where the 210 I recently got is going. I'm going to have a lot of questions soon 😁

Back