LED and Reefkeeper Question

fener103

Market
Reaction score
I am planning a DIY on a 48 3 watt cree system using my reef keeper elite for the dimmer control. Current plan is 50/50 white and royal blue although that may change. I want to use Mean Well ELN-60-48D drivers on the setup which will handle 12 per unit for a total of 4. The ALC only has two ports for 0-10V input. That makes sense as one I can use for the royal blue and the other for the white, but that will only cover 24 of the LED's. My question is do I need to have two of the ALC units in order to control all 48 or is it possible with higher electrical knowledge a way to do this safely and effectively? Thanks for the input

i just finished doing this today.i added 24 crees and two 60-48d.from reading on DAs forums,it could be done with just one ALC but not recommended.they recommend going with a larger driver like the inventronics.you can go to DAs forum and read all about it.tons of posts on there about this very subject.

fener103;698491 wrote: I am planning a DIY on a 48 3 watt cree system using my reef keeper elite for the dimmer control. Current plan is 50/50 white and royal blue although that may change. I want to use Mean Well ELN-60-48D drivers on the setup which will handle 12 per unit for a total of 4. The ALC only has two ports for 0-10V input. That makes sense as one I can use for the royal blue and the other for the white, but that will only cover 24 of the LED's. My question is do I need to have two of the ALC units in order to control all 48 or is it possible with higher electrical knowledge a way to do this safely and effectively? Thanks for the input

I use the ALC for my LEDs.. no you don't need 2 units. Just split the wires of output 1 into 2x and the same with output 2. Just don't get them all confused.

B

Back