Leopard Wrasse Treatment

simonhill55

Supporting
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I noticed some damage on my wrasse. She was still eating good, so I was not to worried, but things have gotten worse. She barely eats now. It looks like aggression at first glance, but I have had her for years. Never had any issues. I have not seen anyone bother her. Any ideas whats going on?

Heres a link to video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/072rBF_UQXHtKhw45oCDF9XAQ

Attachments

• 682336FC-C08F-47C6-8389-40DA05FE151F.jpeg
    682336FC-C08F-47C6-8389-40DA05FE151F.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 31
Cleaner wrasse does nip a bit in the video, but I dont think thats the issue. They have been together for years.

Looks like the average lifespan is about 7yrs for them. Do you know how old it is?

Any new additions to the tank?

Looks like the average lifespan is about 7yrs for them. Do you know how old it is?

Any new additions to the tank?
No new additions recently. Just some corsals. As far as age, I've had her for maybe 4 years. She was definitely young when I got her.

It's really hard to see if there's anything on the fish or its what's on the glass.

Maybe @ActiveAngel could have some input.
I don't really see any parasites. Honestly, it looks like aggression. I just haven't seen anything mess with her. I moved her to a QT. Currently treating with melafix solely for the healing properties. Ill get a better picture tomorrow.

Based on those facts (no new additions, long time in tank) I would have to assume something took a dislike to her. I have a female and male blue spot leopard wrasse, and the male constantly chases the female, but she eats fine and has no obvious ill health effects. If you have another wrasse that has grown older, it may assume it is the boss of the tank.

I would watch for aggression and baby her for a bit with different foods.

Back