Lets see your plumbing!

My wife thinks I have a problem...the best part is when we have friends over she always says "show them the fish room".

Silver Surfer;970689 wrote: My wife thinks I have a problem...the best part is when we have friends over she always says "show them the fish room".

My son still talks about your boy as if they're buddies from the encounter at rit's. I should use an hour "play date" as an excuse to come over and check out your setup (like that self invite?! Lol)

Silver Surfer;970164 wrote:
4atu7usy.jpg
alt="" />
be3udyqe.jpg
alt="" />
9y6y9u9a.jpg
alt="" />

Are you guys kidding about all this being just for a 20gallon long?

That was my comment...lol...I was being very facetious, as I know nothing about the poster's setup other than there's probably 150g of water volume in the plumbing alone.

Silver,
Clear out some of your PMs. I tried to send you a PM regarding your skimmer, but you are full up with messages.
Dave

Silver Surfer;970874 wrote: Cleared
Still full when I try to resend. Not a biggie. What model skimmer are you running? Looks like a Reef Dynamics with a couple Eheims?

That's odd. I have cleared all messages. Anyway I think it's the 350. It does have the eheims.

It's all tied to 2 displays. A 120 and 300 dd. And my 40 breeder for qt.

Silver Surfer;970689 wrote: My wife thinks I have a problem...the best part is when we have friends over she always says "show them the fish room".

WOW +10000000 How much does a ticket for a "behind the scenes" cost? As others have stated, I would expect to see this type of setup at the Tenn. Aquarium or Georgia Aquarium; but at someone's house, WOW. I'll bet there is a lineup outside just prior to opening just to see "the fish room". I'll also bet it would be Paradise just to sit in front of one the display tanks that utilize this setup.

I don't have to see the display tanks to say that Tank Wars needs to stop by for a visit. If you don't win for the tank, I nominate you for an award for your setup in water filtration department. You would surely win that award.

Wannabee

Only 3 setups posted with pictures so far! With all the reefers whom visit the ARC; only 3 plumbing setups posted. I do see the Silver Surfer's setup looks intimidating; but surely there are more plumbing setups that could help me with my designs project. Please post your photos here. Keep the ideas coming.

Wannabee

Bgcoop8784;971117 wrote: My plumbing scares me...three tanks with beananimal overflows all going to one sump, with 1 1/4" drains and returns...a bunch of PVC going into one sump
Would you post a pic

joseayes;971121 wrote: Would you post a pic

+1 on what he said. I've very interested in "Bean Animals" and your setup. Without pictures, it didn't happen .... if I may borrow this phrase from some fellow reefers.

Wannabee

P.S. I'm on a low budget. Nothing would be scary to me. If it works and the costs are not through the roof; it gets my approval.

Is it ok to have a drain pipe going beneath the water level in the sump?

Ringo®;971141 wrote: What are "things you might hear in prison", Alex.

My thoughts when I first read the thread title, hehehe! Glad I didn't post that pic!:D

Acroholic;971146 wrote: My thoughts when I first read the thread title, hehehe! Glad I didn't post that pic!:D

Well then; it's alright to post the other photos. Let's see some "reef plumbing"; not the other plumbing that was referred to earlier.

Wannabee

I've got mine set up with herbie. With the new pump I ordered I'm going to make some small adjustments to my plumbing. One is to lower my return line below water level. Right now it's about an inch above going into the sock. I don't get much splashing/creep but I think it may run more efficient below water level as a more effective siphon. Changing over to a herbie design was the best thing I've done. Soooo much quiter, better flow. My next build I will be going bean animal no doubt. But the herbie was super easy to set up with what I had.

Back