Lets see your plumbing!

Bgcoop8784;971176 wrote: Just make sure it's barely under the water level at operating height of the sump, if you go too far it might not start a siphon, or atleast a Bean animal won't.

Yes I want to adjust it to 1" below instead of 1"1 above. If I'm not mistaken the siphon set up on the bean vs herbie is the same. The bean as one more saftey line to throw out.

Mikesmith34;971174 wrote: I've got mine set up with herbie. With the new pump I ordered I'm going to make some small adjustments to my plumbing. One is to lower my return line below water level. Right now it's about an inch above going into the sock. I don't get much splashing/creep but I think it may run more efficient below water level as a more effective siphon. Changing over to a herbie design was the best thing I've done. Soooo much quiter, better flow. My next build I will be going bean animal no doubt. But the herbie was super easy to set up with what I had.

I added a coupling that stopped about 1/2" inside the sump drain hole and then cut a separate piece of PVC that I can remove to make it easy to pull my sock in and out. Have it about an inch into the water and it's silent obviously. Even if the pipe were to fall out, all the water would still enter into the sump given the coupling position.
Now if you don't run socks or have a separate drain compartment then it wouldn't help as much.

Hell, I am ashamed to post a pict of mine after the pro pictures earlier...

nickg;971223 wrote: Hell, I am ashamed to post a pict of mine after the pro pictures earlier...

In that case^; post the pictures under an alias or post the photos and say this is what my neighbors looks like.

Wannabee

Silver Surfer;970164 wrote:
4atu7usy.jpg
alt="" />

Hey Silver your inbox is full and you might of missed my question from earlier but, whats up with those Apex auto feeders over this sump??? Really curious

Not sure what's going on with my inbox. I have completely cleared it.
I have an auto feeder with different types of food going off at different times a day.
1 nori pellets
2 elos pellets
3 freeze dried mysis shrimp.

My 4th one is over my qt tank and it has only elso pellets. I train my fish in qt to get on the same feeding schedule and type of food.
My feeders drop food into the return pump section and broadcast the food to each of the tanks. Works well.

Back