Lets see your Sun Coral Pics.

Beautiful softy tank!

I have a question...When I feed mine it is under the lights...I juice em for about 2o minutes and start to feed...Will the yellow tentacles (sp) extend further in the dark than in the light? Mine do not seem to come out as far..If you look in my pics in the this thread you will see what I mean.

thanks in advance

I feed mine 30 min after the actinics go off. I use a mix of Brine and Mysis shrimp. Sometimes I will add frozen cyclopeeze to mix it up.

dude I fed mine this morning and I noticed another 2 babies! Started off with a frag of maybe 5-6 heads, now there are easily 10! I guess I must be doing something right, lol.

if these polyps open up any more they are going to fall out of thir head!

sunCoral4.jpg
alt="" />

sunCoral3.jpg
alt="" />

And here is Blue chillin on top of his world.....aka the highest rock in the 10g hospital tank :tongue:

blue.jpg
alt="" />

Sprayin70;84874 wrote: softy tank

Alan, your tank looks <u>very</u> familiar. Was it featured anywhere in the past, or have you modeled it after another tank?

It's not mine but I do love it. I posted it for Dakota a few days ago. I wish I had those skills!!!

Shenanigans! (I thought</em> I'd seen that tank before.) It looks like you could go for a swim in there!

Today I fed my Suns and they looked great. The new colony looks better than ever. It was shy bringing out it's polyps but day by day it's getting healthier. Here are a few pics.

Enjoy!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
88048=5557-HPIM6423.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88048=5557-HPIM6423.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM6423.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
88048=5558-HPIM6424.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88048=5558-HPIM6424.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM6424.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
88048=5559-HPIM6432.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88048=5559-HPIM6432.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM6432.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

my god...alan, go to bed!! lol

very nive to meet you btw...

dem some fat azz suncorals! I'll get a pic of my new colony I got yesterday from marine fish. Its in baddddd shape, but I'll be able to bring it around. Its in its pissed off orange state right now, I dont think it appreciated its 1/2 hour bath in reef dip.

Sounds good. How far is Convington from Woodstock. I have a dremel and a chisel. That should work great.

Uhmmm..I dont know how you'd come...I would say between 75-90 minutes...of course, Im a Yankee too lol

Wii afterwards lol

I have some pictures taken in the wild. On the reefs of Bonaire. If interested?

I had them, got lazy, put them to deep to feed them...they died

yeah Todd, post away! Alan I cant seem to get a good enough pic of the colony. Tenticles sorta came out yesterday when it was feeding time. Sprayed all kinds of goodness food over the polyps. Some of the flesh is already starting to turn the lighter orange! Good sight to see :)

Back