Lobo looks bad

tbub1221

Reaction score
I have a lobo that's about 2" that I acquired 2 months ago that was in a bad way when I took it on . It came from a dirty system that wasn't suited for coral IMO and had turned brown from the green and orange it was (so I'm told)
My tank is now housing sps and zoas mainly with the lobo , a piece of yellow scroll and a duncan being my only lps.
I have moved this bad boy all over the tank and can not seem to make it happy .
It does seem happiest in the sand bed and does extend some short feeding tentacles at night , I feed it 2x a week but it never reacts like It hungry like my previous lps corals have doen.
It has receded to the point where I can see the little spikes on the skeleton exposed all the way around it.
My parameters are very stable . Temp 77.8 n03 under 5 , p04 0.02 , Dkh 8.8- 9 calcium 450 mag 1300 salinity is 35ppt 1.026 ph 8.0-8.3 (hard to distinguish color) also I'm growing under led without optics.
Iv watched religiously for pests but have never had anything short of a few Bristol worms and never on any corals just the rock after dark and my cuc is very minimal 3 hermits that never mess around it unless there eating fuzzy algae that grows occasionally on the exposed skeleton , my fighting conch also vacuums it off with its trunk.
My tank has a fair amount of flow 29G system with wp-25 on the lowest settings iv no clue what the min rating is but the sps like it.
could this be what's keeping it unhappy ?
I'm hoping its just taking time to adjust and will turn around , if it does will it regain its color as the algae multiple and re inhabit the flesh or is it ruined color wise .
Should I just look for it a home that's better suited for it or should I wait it out and see what happens ?

The wp25 is too much for LPS in a 29 biocube. I think the bent glass has a lot to do with it.
This is just my personal opinion having tried it myself

I have 2, one is placed if back corner the other is front corner. Also have 2 mp10s for flow. I would just try a low flow, low light area and maybe a light dip in revive. One of mine was rough when I got it but came around and is very nice!!! Best of luck.

JDavid;927565 wrote: The wp25 is too much for LPS in a 29 biocube. I think the bent glass has a lot to do with it.
This is just my personal opinion having tried it myself
I agree thats why I'm wondering if I should just find it a home.
My Duncans are protected by rocks buffering the flow but the lobo being in the sand , I think its being blown away.
I like a lot of flow sps is happy when the polyps are dancing a little .
I'm not planning on much lps in the future.
I don't think the group buy on wp-10 will make the needed numbers for the buy so I'm thinking on buying one in Feb after we come back from the sc swap because I would like to utilize the wp25 for its full potential but its just too strong in my small display.

Back