Looking for Expo Volunteers!

ARC_Admin

Reaction score
1587480730877.png

Hey guys and gals, we're looking for a few folks to volunteer and help out with the Expo. This is just another one of our monthly meetings but it does require a bit more organization and man power to get done. We have the following pre-expo teams identified and could use help on them:
  • Advertising - This group will be responsible for putting advertisements as far and wide as possible. Facebook, craigslist, reefing forums, flyers, mass emails, etc.
  • Vendor Relations - This group will be responsible for contacting potential vendors far and wide, giving them our application and date, following up with them and keeping them abreast of the event.
  • Expo Material Setup - This group will be responsible for ensuring that everything we need for the expo will be procured in advance and ready to go. This includes making sure the AV system is appropriate for us, where everything will be positioned, electrical, lighting, curtains, tables, etc.
  • Donations - This group will be hitting up vendors from across the country and beyond for possible donations for our expo.
On the day of the event we'll need some of you good folks as well and we'll be doing teams as well for that. We're not filling these yet but so you get the idea we'll need folks to help out on :
  • Event Setup - This group will work on making sure the Expo material is all setup the way we need according to our floor plans.
  • Vendor Setup - This group will work with vendors that are setting up on the site. Making sure everyone has what they need and assisting them in getting setup.
  • Door/Ticket Sales - This group will be responsible for handling the customers before they come through the doors. Processing payments, giving out wristbands, and selling raffle tickets.
  • Raffle - This group will be running the raffle which we have historically done every hour.
All volunteers will be handsomely rewarded with raffle tickets, swag, early access to the event, and a valuable mystery box. 1587480876960.png

If you can help out please reach out to me and we'll get you plugged in. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This far out, I should be able to help at the event with ant of the items... Event setup, Vendor setup, Door/Ticket Sales, or Raffle.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad it's on this weekend. The weekend before I will be in Indiana and the weekend after I will be in Idaho.

Yay! this will be 3 days after my birthday!!! I'd love to help I would probably be best used working with @aestheticlibra in expo material setup doing all the boring work like curtains etc. So if I'm allowed to help I would love to!

Can't guarantee I will be there physically, as it's far out. But if I can help out remotely between now and then, just tell me where you need me.

Hey guys. I'm back and catching up after a few days away.

It goes without saying, but I'll be there to help out as well.

Hey guys! We wanted to make a reservation before we made the official announcement to postpone. But it looks like many people aren’t working these days, and it’s hard to even make reservations.

In short, yes, we are postponing this event. The plan is to reschedule for Spring, but we haven’t been able to lock in a date yet. More info and general public announcements will come soon.

Nice! Always happy to have volunteers.

Meanwhile, because the event was pushed back, we now have more time to make some awesome decorations! Regardless of the eventual turnout, I’d love to make people remember this event! Then the following year’s expo will grow substantially!

Check out the contest page if you want to make some cool artwork. And potentially win some prize money.

Back