Looking to buy a controller

hertz4319

Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Hi all:</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">We are just setting up our tank. Currently we are cycling the tank. I have been monitoring the temperature and it is been high. After some reading on here and other forums I decided to try a fan. That is working well. </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">So now I am thinking I will need a "controller" to monitor the tank because of being at work and all. Since I am new I am not sure what I need. I know I can get a monitor for just temperature but for a few more dollars I can get a more robust "controller". Of course if I want to do that then a few more dollars and I can get a really robust "controller". Over time we do plan on doing corals. We have LEDs that have their own "controller".</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">When my partner and I decided we were going to start a tank we decided we would not skimp on certain things. I am not sure if this is one of those. </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">The tank is a 215g with a 30g sump.</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"></span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">As always thanks for all your help in advance. Stewart </span></span>

this would definitely be one of those things not to skimp on. and most people here would agree that an apex by neptune systems is the best

Get an apex and don't look back. If you go cheaper now and you're serious about the hobby, you'll end up spending the money to upgrade later.
Shoot, I bought an extra one second hand last week just because I figured id need one and it was too good a deal to pass up. Still trying to explain that to the wife!

Fishlips;966261 wrote: I own a RKL, and would NOT recommend.

I loved my RKL for what i used it for, it was just a basic/cheap controller. But my apex is much better hands down. Far more stuff you can do with it.

hertz4319;966263 wrote: Why not? Thanks Stewart

Reason being as stated in earlier post, you should go ahead and buy the better one the first time.Thats what I was thinking.Mine works fine, but very limited what I can do with it.If I had to do it all over, and had the cash, would of got a different one.

Not like a 215g is going to be cheap to keep up either... #1 lesson in this hobby is be patient but the #2 is don't spend the money twice!! Everyone has done it.

Back