Manifold Ideas?

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone have tips for building a water distribution manifold? I will be feeding UV, calcium reactor, dual BRS reactor. My first thought is just joining the right pieces of PVC... however, I'll also want to control flow (UV vs. Calc reactor), and am unclear if the manifold should be on the pump side or the gravity side.

I'm Googling... but not having much success. Any links or ideas appreciated.

Pressure side and I regulated all my ports with ball valves.

picture.php

Jon... might do that when I get closer to building the manifold.

By the way... the BTA I got from you in October is just fine! It split about 4-6 weeks ago. Both are the same color as when originally received from you (green with a purplish base). Neither wander... both are settled in about a foot from where I placed the original in the tank. Clowns are happy as can be with two BTAs side by side. I have noticed one half is actually starting to bubble a bit!

uhh, its not that complex. Just T off for each device you want flow to and put a valve on each one...then put a few extra for later.

Understand and expect that each output may vary in flow. For example, if you're feeding media reactors from this manifold, the flow after those reactors will increase as the media collects debris.

For this reason I suggest running the pass through items like UV and skimmer before the media reactors if possible and even then with back pressure, the flow can increase a bit.

You can go ahead and get probe holders from Avast Marine for a few bucks and put probes (pH, ORP, Salinity, etc) inline as well.

OK... so this is as simple as it seems with no hidden traps. I'll plan a straight shot from the Reeflo3600 to the tee feeding both sides of the tank. Along the straight shot I'll tee off feeds to the UV and any other component. (with ball valves).

Gradual flow change due to debris in the reactor shouldn't be a problem since it will only affect the final flow into the tank.

Some things seem too simple and need to be verified!

Thanks....

au01st;538665 wrote: You can go ahead and get probe holders from Avast Marine for a few bucks and put probes (pH, ORP, Salinity, etc) inline as well.

Is there a benefit to this vs. having the probes hanging in a rack in the sump?

Another look at a manifold is in my build out of the 210.

Joe

elFloyd;538676 wrote: Is there a benefit to this vs. having the probes hanging in a rack in the sump?

I think it looks cleaner and provides a more constant reading vs. being located in the sump.

Mine is similar to Jon's except after the ballvalves I went with quick connectors for the Carbon and GFO reactors.

Back