Mesh Impellor and Enkamat

cameron

Market
Reaction score
I have a few square feet of Enkamat sitting by my desk right now for anyone who would like to have a small patch of it to make a mesh impellor. I am doing my best to make it to the meeting and will likely have some there to give out as well. If I can't make it or you don't want to wait, I live in Alpharetta and you are welcome to stop by and pick some up.

On my ASM G3 and Sedra pump. Most people are reporting a 30-50% improvement in skimming with the new mesh impellors. The entire BubbleMaster line is built using these new impellors. Plus it takes about 5-10 minutes to do the mod for such a huge improvement.

(and to answer the above question, the mesh is to make a custom meshwheel impellar, like the new ATI Bubblemaster skimmers use. They pull wicked amounts of air and make super fine bubbles for very efficient skimming, and are pretty easy to make)

Cameron i have the asm g3 also and i would like to try the mesh.my skimmer has been acting crazy lately and i think i need to replace the impellar.perfect time to try the mesh! Pm sent.

Hey Cameron... I wouldn't mind getting a piece from you. I work in Alpharetta but won't be in the office tomorrow (atleast I hope not). Save me a small piece for Tuesday's meeting?

I will be in Woodstock tomorrow at Trickum and 92 eating lunch with a friend around 1pm. Anyone who wants some for the weekend can catch me in Woodstock around then or Alpharetta. I will also be at Cap Bay and Marine Fish store Saturday morning.

I am going to give some to Mufret tomorrow so I will give him some extra for you Tony.

Well I'll have some extra, too, when it gets here. I ordered 2 ft of it. If I get it before Tuesday, I'll bring some with me to the meeting, too.

Jesse i would love to try some on my DDNW 250 dual needle wheel Octopus skimmer.

You bet. Since you live close, you're welcome to pick some up once it arrives if it's not here by tuesday.

Hey guys
I live in Roswell/almost Alpharetta near Harrys on Alpharetta Hwy. I would love to get some of the mesh and try to make my ASM G4 skimmer go nuts. Maybe this weekend. I can take lots of pictures and post the before and after for everyone to see.

For those interested, here's
showthread.php

Isn't there a separate thread somewhere for the meshwheel? I think this one is all about the gutter gaurd mod...

you may be right, they split threads like crazy, but i thought they discussed the mesh in there as well... :)

JustOneMoreTank, Broreefr and myself did this mod on my Sedra 5000 ASM G3 setup. We didn't have meters or anything, but we did measure how far up the skimmer the new impellor moved the water column versus a stock impellor. It moved about 2" further up the cone which is probably a 10-20% better foaming. After they left it moved a further 2" up the cone. Not sure why, maybe it "broke in".

Yeah, Randystacy's DIY homepage mentions that some people observe a break in period with the mod.

Back