Moving to Atlanta

timeconsumer;1070433 wrote: Well I'm not sure I'll be able to make your February meeting given I'll be moving and unpacking around the 20th, maybe March.

Here's one of my favorite old shots, I actually took this before I had my macro lens and ring-flash. This was hand-held with a kit lens, so it was a lucky shot.

Dude, that's a seriously good hand held shot. My handhelds all look like I had 30 cups of coffee. Tripod is my best friend.

Drydock;1070655 wrote: Dude, that's a seriously good hand held shot. My handhelds all look like I had 30 cups of coffee. Tripod is my best friend.

Glad you like it. I shoot offhand too much and it often comes out poorly. Those two pictures were exceptions.

If ARC ever has a photo contest; I recommend you submit these two photos. You'll be the winner of the first contest. I'll have to say, the second one is museum quality material. Incredible shot! Amazing capture of what you were seeing at the time of that photo shoot.

Wannabee

I've reviewed the first photo. And that two, is museum quality material. Great job!! :yay: :yay:

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1070693 wrote: Amazing capture of what you were seeing at the time of that photo shoot.

Wannabee

Funny thing, that was the shot I spent the least amount of time on that day. I had been wandering around the park mostly shooting bees. I spent easily an hour at one bush. As I was leaving I saw that little flower (it was tiny, maybe the size of a nickel) growing next to the sidewalk and decided to snap a quick shot of it as I was heading home. I didn't think much of it. Little did I know it would turn out to be one of my favorite pictures. The shot of the duncan was similar. I actually didn't look at it very hard until months after I shot it and realized how much I liked the shot, unfortunately I don't have the RAW data for that one anymore...

Goes to show you never really know how some things will turn out.

timeconsumer;1070422 wrote: Yeah, I'm very excited for a change and a new reef club to join. I'll be glad for the resources of ARC when I'm searching for someone to sell me a pint glass of sand, a piece of LR the size of a baseball, or 2 snails (small tanks, small needs I suppose).

I even have something of my own to offer ARC. I dabble in macro photography a little and have a decent kit for it, if you have some cool corals I might be able to get you a good shot of it!
I have some live rock you can have when you move here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back