My 14 Gallon Cubicle Cube

markl

Market
Reaction score
So I got another tank. Its Biocube 14 for my cubicle at work. .I work in a cubicle world from 10-6 and needed a stress relief. For the past 3 weeks during lunch ive been climbing on other people's desk and unscrewing the bulbs in the ceiling to dim the light around my desk. No one in the office noticed how every few day another bulb would blow.:confused2: Well today it got real blue real quick while setting up the tank and testing the light.

Tank - Biocube 14g topless
Light -viper 70w Ushio 20 k may be going led
chamber one stealth 50 w heater remove false floor
chamber 2 lr rubble remove false floor. im going to make or buy a media rack.
chamber 3 maxi jet 900 .I have but need to install an ato from autotopoff.com
Mesh screen lid to keep the fish in.

Power head-Koralia nano 425.
Bleached and cured Live rock maybe 15 lbs
Sand -CaribSea Hawaiian black sand.

Corals going in from my main tank to start is.
nuclear green zoas
Tub blue zoas
night mare palys
la lakers zoa
lord of the rings palys
ora green toad stool.
ora birds of paradise frag.

Will post picks tomorrow.

Sweet sounds very nice. I have played with the idea of making my cubicle more fun as well with a small setup. Looking forward to some Pics.

I will on the tank.Just yesterday I spent an hour putting epoxy and zip ties on liverock to hold it together.:lol2:

sts04c;590272 wrote: Sweet sounds very nice. I have played with the idea of making my cubicle more fun as well with a small setup. Looking forward to some Pics.

Should have seen the rc trials track I had made out of card board. I had the whole office stop by wondering what I was up to.Something kind of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErag-aFYJk&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErag-aFYJk&feature=related</a>

But mine went up 4 levels high and circled the whole cubicle. The space is 6ft by 8ft cubicle .I find many ways to keep my self busy.Lots of tape and fedex boxes go a long way.

Ive finally got the temp right with fans ect.Today I added some frags
and snapped a few picks.I know the pics aren't the best

Ora birds of paradise
Ora green toad stool
Plate from Mellisa's plate tree
GSP glued to the back wall
Starry night acro
LOR palys
Tub Blues zoas
LA Laker zoas

mynano016.jpg
alt="" />

mynano026.jpg
alt="" />

mynano017.jpg
alt="" />

mynano018.jpg
alt="" />

mynano025.jpg
alt="" />

Fun! I use to have an office tank too...though, that was when I worked at a place that would allow it....sigh... Anyways, lots of fun and definitely a distraction, lol. I sure do miss my tank, was prolly one of the best tanks I owned, lol.

MarkL;590396 wrote: Should have seen the rc trials track I had made out of card board. I had the whole office stop by wondering what I was up to.Something kind of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErag-aFYJk&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErag-aFYJk&feature=related</a>

But mine went up 4 levels high and circled the whole cubicle. The space is 6ft by 8ft cubicle .I find many ways to keep my self busy.Lots of tape and fedex boxes go a long way.[/QUOTE]

You guys hiring? JK nice I like it. Tanks looks great. What fish are you settling on?

sts04c;596308 wrote: You guys hiring? JK nice I like it. Tanks looks great. What fish are you settling on?

A nice pair of clowns.

I just picked up on ebay for 100.00 shipped

16.5 inch current usa metal halide 70W

band new USHIO 14,000k hqi light only 1 month old paid $60
all leds work perfect
inner fan replaced 6 months ago
so everything is new

Wish the ice would go away so it could get delivered.

OMG whered you get that lid...ive been trying to find mesh the right size to make one but would love one already pre-built

Hammcd;601393 wrote: OMG whered you get that lid...ive been trying to find mesh the right size to make one but would love one already pre-built

I made the lid.I bought the mesh for the lid from Dave - Acroholic

Mark, my messages don't seem to be sending. Please email me at mailto:sawcreatives@gmail.com">sawcreatives@gmail.com</a> or the number I left in the previous message. Thanks

A cube at work is a great idea.

New dry goods.I put the 70w Sunpod and a diy ghetto ATO.

bc14080.jpg
alt="" />

bc14068.jpg
alt="" />

I also ordered some led parts to add actinics to the sunpod from rapidled.com

One Mean Well LPC-35-700W constant current driver.
8x Cree XR-E royal blue LEDs
8x80 degree Cree optics

My camera sucks but thought Id post new pics.

Keds Reds

1-26-11001.jpg
alt="" />

Agent Orange

1-26-11006.jpg
alt="" />

Nightmare paly

Lord of the rings

1-26-11.jpg
alt="" />

Tub blues

1-26-11004.jpg